• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rich Fields

RichFields
by
Wardota2 Gamer

This place is full with resources not to be messed with! A lot of races have fought there way in this place to obtain victory in the field, But no one know who will win......... Can You? Play Rich Fields to see who will earn the title "Farmer of the Rich Fields"!
[
Featuring:
  • Smooth Gameplay
  • Smooth Terrain
  • Easy way to move (not tight)
  • Balanced Items,Creeps Placement and more!
  • Handmade melee map (From Scratch)
  • Easy to see no fog, easy terrain, and balanced doodad placement!
Hope you all love my Melee Map! This took me nearly 1 hour to make (Including the Updating)
Thank You!

---released---

---Updated the discription---

-Change the map size from 64x64 to 92x92
-Made the map symmetrical
-balanced the item drop
-improved the texture (how it looks like) in the map
-removed the fountain of health in the middle and replaced it into a Tavern
-removed the red creeps and I split them to orange creep camps
-new creeps "Gnolls" added in the map
-Mud Golems are now moved to avoid bieng attacked while walking
-added more troops in the murlock camps in the lake
-added more and extra creeps camps and improved the items
-Balances and Bug Fixes has been made

---Updated the discription---

-changed the Marketplace to Goblin Merchant
-changed the items of the murlock's from Level 2 Charged Item to Level 2 Power Up Item
-Updated the discription
-fixed some doodads

-changed the item drop in the orange murlock camp from Level 2 Power Up Item to Level 2 Charged Item
-changed the item drop in the green murlock camp from Level 2 Charged Item to Level 2 Power Up Item
-added some buildings in the top and the bottom of the map
-more WATER doodads like river rushes fishes and more in the lake/water
-changed the creep camp of the trolls in the gold mine to bandits

Overview
full

Creep Camps

6 Green Camps
0 Red Camp
6 Orange Camps

Other Buildings

1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
4 Gold Mines (Including Current One)

Good News! You can now see the latest version of the map Overview!

Credits

All credits goes to non other that to @Wardota2 Gamer and to Blizzard Entertainment for making this awsome game!
Also thanks to Hiveworkshop.com and to the all Members!

[/hidden]
Contents

Rich Fields (Map)

Reviews
twojstaryjakcie
I would suggest adding some basic Melee data on your map in the description along with screenshots so that users know what they're dealing with exactly. A well-made description attracts attention and makes more people play your map, which in turn...
WolfFarkas
The map may be simple but I think is better to have something simple balanced, than something complicated unbalanced balance is the most important thing in melee I think the main recipe for melee maps are 2 mercenary camps and 2 goblin markets, and...
WolfFarkas
I re-downloaded the map- second review nice work with the water If I mistake something correct me: I see you have green creeps murlocs level 4 looting power up items level 2 and green creeps golems level 8 looting power up items level 1 Power up...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
You didnt comment much on your map, so I have to ask: Are you interested in feedback or did you upload it because you thought "well now that I finished the map I might as well share it, but now I'm gonna move on to something else and wont make any edits"? I could give you some feedback, but only if you care. Also, in this case it would be good to know what "level" of gameplay you had in mind for your map.

Level 14
You didnt comment much on your map, so I have to ask: Are you interested in feedback or did you upload it because you thought "well now that I finished the map I might as well share it, but now I'm gonna move on to something else and wont make any edits"? I could give you some feedback, but only if you care. Also, in this case it would be good to know what "level" of gameplay you had in mind for your map.
OK ok I will add more in the discription....Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT:
Hey @mafe I have edited a picture but I don't know how to put it in the discription how?

Last edited:
Level 8
I would suggest adding some basic Melee data on your map in the description along with screenshots so that users know what they're dealing with exactly. A well-made description attracts attention and makes more people play your map, which in turn increases your chance of receiving useful feedback.

At first glance, the map feels quite simplistic and upon closer inspection, it indeed is. Despite its numerous well-placed doodads, the map feels plain and uneventful, mostly due to its very small size. The placement and choice of neutral buildings also leave a bit to be desired. Same goes for items dropped by creeps. However, with a few minor changes the map can definitely become much more balanced and enjoyable to play.

The main hindrance of the map is, as mentioned before, its tiny size which mainly encourages nasty Human tower rushes - the Militia have over half their time left after reaching the enemy on the other side. Needless to say, other races suffer heavily from this issue as Human players can easily pick off a few workers or even a ghoul before proceeding to making towers. I suppose replacing the Rock Archways with trees would be the easiest way of increasing the travel time between starting locations.

Another issue with the map is its lack of symmetry - players have to face different creeps and have easier access to different buildings based on their starting locations. I suggest replacing the Mercenary Camp with a second Goblin Merchant and the Bandit camp at the bottom left expansion with the same creeps that guard the top right expansion (also, it'd be best if you changed the acquisition range of these creeps to Normal <500>, since that prevents them being abused by, for example, towering the expansion or building an Ancient of War nearby before creeping it).

As far as Human players have insane advantage in the early game due to the effectiveness of the Militia/Tower rush; the rest of the game is dominated by Orcs. The Fountain of Life not only grants Orc players the possibility of quickly regenerating the health of their highly durable units, but also lets them creep the highest level camp on the map with only two Grunts and a level 1 Blademaster. I'd simply remove the Fountain completely and replace it with a Tavern (while removing the other two, of course). The creeps at the Fountain could be divided and moved to Goblin Merchants.

It's possible to unintentionally aggro the green troll and stone golem camps - I suggest moving them deeper into the forest so as to remove the possibility of being attacked without in spite of not attacking the camp.

The item drops actually seem quite balanced except for the Murlocs, since they drop a level 2 charged item. This means that players have the chance of heavily damaging their opponent in the early stages of the game if they happen to play against Human and get a Wand of Lightning (lower tier Human units have low health compared to other races so they have to rely on sheer numbers early on; Wand of Lightning can shred through the ranks of Militia and Footmen before Human players tech up and set up some defenses). Removing Wand of Lightning from the drop would fix this issue.

If the aforementioned issues are fixed, I think the map would become much more balanced and thus, far more enjoyable to play. Visually, it looks good - now it only needs to play good.

Edit: The issue of asymmetry still stands - expansions have different sets of creeps and different shops on each side (Marketplace and Goblin Merchant). Also, both Murloc camps still have a chance to drop Wand of Lightning.

Edit 2: Changes made - approved. Just don't forget to remove Tome of Experience from Level 2 Power up item pool - it's much more powerful than any attribute tome.

Last edited:
Level 14
I would suggest adding some basic Melee data on your map in the description along with screenshots so that users know what they're dealing with exactly. A well-made description attracts attention and makes more people play your map, which in turn increases your chance of receiving useful feedback.

At first glance, the map feels quite simplistic and upon closer inspection, it indeed is. Despite its numerous well-placed doodads, the map feels plain and uneventful, mostly due to its very small size. The placement and choice of neutral buildings also leave a bit to be desired. Same goes for items dropped by creeps. However, with a few minor changes the map can definitely become much more balanced and enjoyable to play.

The main hindrance of the map is, as mentioned before, its tiny size which mainly encourages nasty Human tower rushes - the Militia have over half their time left after reaching the enemy on the other side. Needless to say, other races suffer heavily from this issue as Human players can easily pick off a few workers or even a ghoul before proceeding to making towers. I suppose replacing the Rock Archways with trees would be the easiest way of increasing the travel time between starting locations.

Another issue with the map is its lack of symmetry - players have to face different creeps and have easier access to different buildings based on their starting locations. I suggest replacing the Mercenary Camp with a second Goblin Merchant and the Bandit camp at the bottom left expansion with the same creeps that guard the top right expansion (also, it'd be best if you changed the acquisition range of these creeps to Normal <500>, since that prevents them being abused by, for example, towering the expansion or building an Ancient of War nearby before creeping it).

As far as Human players have insane advantage in the early game due to the effectiveness of the Militia/Tower rush; the rest of the game is dominated by Orcs. The Fountain of Life not only grants Orc players the possibility of quickly regenerating the health of their highly durable units, but also lets them creep the highest level camp on the map with only two Grunts and a level 1 Blademaster. I'd simply remove the Fountain completely and replace it with a Tavern (while removing the other two, of course). The creeps at the Fountain could be divided and moved to Goblin Merchants.

It's possible to unintentionally aggro the green troll and stone golem camps - I suggest moving them deeper into the forest so as to remove the possibility of being attacked without in spite of not attacking the camp.

The item drops actually seem quite balanced except for the Murlocs, since they drop a level 2 charged item. This means that players have the chance of heavily damaging their opponent in the early stages of the game if they happen to play against Human and get a Wand of Lightning (lower tier Human units have low health compared to other races so they have to rely on sheer numbers early on; Wand of Lightning can shred through the ranks of Militia and Footmen before Human players tech up and set up some defenses). Removing Wand of Lightning from the drop would fix this issue.

If the aforementioned issues are fixed, I think the map would become much more balanced and thus, far more enjoyable to play. Visually, it looks good - now it only needs to play good.
Thank's to your big review it's time to update the map big time! Hey are you a new Map Reviewer? Seems like I did not see you much reviewing map's..........Or is it just me......

Thank you for your feedback though.....

Here are the changes I will make in the map (Based on your Review)

• I will change the size of the map making it a little bit more bigger and trying to avoid the Militia/Tower rush
  • I will also change the creep placement of the Mud Golem's into deeper in the map
  • I will replace the Fountain in the map with a Tavern in the process in removing the two Tavern which is already in the top and the bottom
  • I will improve the Murloc's dropped item
  • Will change the rest of the creep placement's.More likely symmetric

Level 14
twojstaryjakcie
Fixed!

v1.3 Update

Major Fixes
-changed the Marketplace to Goblin Merchant
-changed the items of the murlock's from Level 2 Charged Item to Level 2 Power Up Item

Others
-Updated the discription
-fixed some doodads

I based this updated in what you said! And one more thing! Thank You for reviewing this Melee Map @twojstaryjakcie!

Edit:
Also one more thing if you need to make me fix more problems in the Map to make it a fully Melee Map then just tell me!

Level 29
The map may be simple but I think is better to have something simple balanced, than something complicated unbalanced
balance is the most important thing in melee

I think the main recipe for melee maps are 2 mercenary camps and 2 goblin markets, and 1/ 2 taverns

so I sugest a couple of mercenary camps (if you want balance lordaeron tile set mercenary camp) if you use the sunken ruin mercenary camp, it must be better defended since it has a powerfull unit (the matter is in discuss actually, many things are discussed)

upload_2018-2-8_11-50-30.png

in violet I marked the areas where maybe put a couple of mercenary camps

about the design, much water is tricky because it looks flat and empty, so a rule is if you put much water = a lot of work in tile variation and doodad (use fishes, plants, rocks, what ever) is necesary
your other map and this one have the same thing the water

I had the same problem in one of my maps (The Kraken if you are interested to see what I did) , to much water so I had to work it a lot, put tons of doodads so it would look alive.

study others melee maps is a good way to learn unique tricks

see ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
The map may be simple but I think is better to have something simple balanced, than something complicated unbalanced
balance is the most important thing in melee

I think the main recipe for melee maps are 2 mercenary camps and 2 goblin markets, and 1/ 2 taverns

so I sugest a couple of mercenary camps (if you want balance lordaeron tile set mercenary camp) if you use the sunken ruin mercenary camp, it must be better defended since it has a powerfull unit (the matter is in discuss actually, many things are discussed)

in violet I marked the areas where maybe put a couple of mercenary camps

about the design, much water is tricky because it looks flat and empty, so a rule is if you put much water = a lot of work in tile variation and doodad (use fishes, plants, rocks, what ever) is necesary
your other map and this one have the same thing the water

I had the same problem in one of my maps (The Kraken if you are interested to see what I did) , to much water so I had to work it a lot, put tons of doodads so it would look alive.

study others melee maps is a good way to learn unique tricks

see ya
Ok dude thank's again for your review!

I will make a few changes in the map regarding the "Put a Mercenary Camp"
I will also add some doodads in the water in time......

Once again thank you for your review!

I will update this maybe Today or Tomorrow

Level 14
Updated v1.4

Main Changes

-changed the item drop in the orange murlock camp from Level 2 Power Up Item to Level 2 Charged Item
-changed the item drop in the green murlock camp from Level 2 Charged Item to Level 2 Power Up Item
-changed the creep camp of the trolls in the gold mine to bandits

Doodad Changes/Addons
-added some buildings in the top and the bottom of the map
-more WATER doodads like river rushes fishes and more in the lake/water

Level 29
I re-downloaded the map- second review
nice work with the water

If I mistake something correct me:

I see you have green creeps murlocs level 4 looting power up items level 2
and green creeps golems level 8 looting power up items level 1

Power up level up is for let say above level 13 creeps, that means orange only and red, and if you want to go competitive, don´t put random level 2, because the experience book is considered an unbalance thing (not the item in low amounts such as red creeps but all orange with that makes a lot of undisired level up for the game), thats why mappers set the level 2 power up manually.

I really think that the gnoll camps level 17 near base could have a mercenary camp or better change position with the green creep of golems
I think a couple of neutrals should be added to have more... places to visit.
Instead of the mercenary camps , the goblin labs could be used too. Your other map has tons of neutral buildings that much that were too near, but now I think you are going minimalist,

the blue player has a level 18 creep in the market and the red player has a level 12 creep, thats a no no, for balance. = creeps for = places each player, only because of this I am avoiding giving rate, so fix it please.

So let say after you fix the creep in the markets,

I am thinking in a rate of 3/5 that can reach the 5/5 (not until the market creeps fix)

You can earn 2 more points from me:
Let say 1 point for a couple of neutrals (I really think a couple of neutrals more are needed mercenary camps / goblin labs,or even you can add fountains but, fountains = red creep defended)
1 point more for improving the loot system, maybe you should check The Panda maps or Flimting maps, Mafe maps, MysteryMaze maps, even mine because I copied them. So you can copy the loot system. The loot system is something you end imitating from experienced users, I did , I sugest you the same.

I like the terraining. So I hope you improve this map.

I recomend you to try to adjust to competitive melee design. Why? the last melee contest was a contest of melee design (competitive melee design) where 50% of the score was balance, so if such contest repeat, you will already have the knoledge for that.

And another thing, when you put trees, use the letter p, and don´t leave gaps, the sooner you do that , less you will regret in the future not doing it in your maps (I speak by self experience, my first 3 maps I re-made them from 0).

see ya

Level 14
I re-downloaded the map- second review
nice work with the water

If I mistake something correct me:

I see you have green creeps murlocs level 4 looting power up items level 2
and green creeps golems level 8 looting power up items level 1

Power up level up is for let say above level 13 creeps, that means orange only and red, and if you want to go competitive, don´t put random level 2, because the experience book is considered an unbalance thing (not the item in low amounts such as red creeps but all orange with that makes a lot of undisired level up for the game), thats why mappers set the level 2 power up manually.

I really think that the gnoll camps level 17 near base could have a mercenary camp or better change position with the green creep of golems
I think a couple of neutrals should be added to have more... places to visit.
Instead of the mercenary camps , the goblin labs could be used too. Your other map has tons of neutral buildings that much that were too near, but now I think you are going minimalist,

the blue player has a level 18 creep in the market and the red player has a level 12 creep, thats a no no, for balance. = creeps for = places each player, only because of this I am avoiding giving rate, so fix it please.

So let say after you fix the creep in the markets,

I am thinking in a rate of 3/5 that can reach the 5/5 (not until the market creeps fix)

You can earn 2 more points from me:
Let say 1 point for a couple of neutrals (I really think a couple of neutrals more are needed mercenary camps / goblin labs,or even you can add fountains but, fountains = red creep defended)
1 point more for improving the loot system, maybe you should check The Panda maps or Flimting maps, Mafe maps, MysteryMaze maps, even mine because I copied them. So you can copy the loot system. The loot system is something you end imitating from experienced users, I did , I sugest you the same.

I like the terraining. So I hope you improve this map.

I recomend you to try to adjust to competitive melee design. Why? the last melee contest was a contest of melee design (competitive melee design) where 50% of the score was balance, so if such contest repeat, you will already have the knoledge for that.

And another thing, when you put trees, use the letter p, and don´t leave gaps, the sooner you do that , less you will regret in the future not doing it in your maps (I speak by self experience, my first 3 maps I re-made them from 0).

see ya
Thank you for your second review I will try to fix the map and try to update it in what you said. So that it can be more "Competetive"

And again thank you for your review check out for more updates tommorow or maybe next week!