• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Rework of Classic Wc3 Powers

Level 7
Is it possible to make the Entangling Roots power behave like the Chain Lightning power? I want the Entangling Roots power to work normally, but where it jumps from enemy to enemy like the Chain Lightning power does. The screenshot down below is my attempt at this concept. It looks how I want it to, but it doesn't currently immobilize the enemies or slowly damage them.

For the second power, I want to enhance the current Storm Hammer power by making it so the Hammer on contact pushes the target quite a distance over terrain with different heights.

I want both of these to be new powers that don't break the old versions of the Hero Abilities. Are either of these ideas possible and how do I go about creating these powers?
Thank you to all who attempt to help :grin:

Attachments

• Wave of Entangling Roots.png
    Wave of Entangling Roots.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 7
Level 22
There is a dirty way of doing this with a dummy unit (like always).
Just use a dummy unit to cast the chain lightning, then check with a damage engine (or damage event when on a newer patch) when said unit is dealing damage and make a second dummy unit cast entangling roots on the targets.
Dummies generally need the following object editor attributes:
  • Art - Animation - Cast Backswing = 0
  • Art - Animation - Cast Point = 0
  • Movement - Speed = 0
  • Movement - Type = Fly/none
so they can cast and turn instantly