• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retrying with Xcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

After some thinking and planing. I'll be returning to my work. I feel better now.

And about Xcode, I won't use SFML because it won't work, not even by god's will it won't work. I will stick to SpriteKit or SceneKit and work with the Swift language now. But I need to learn it first. I'm accepting help or I don't have that much of a choice anyway but to get help.

It's a dire need for help.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

A first person shooter maker.

Like you know the Raycaster game maker? I want to make an easy to use shooter editor for the Mac. (It needs it more to me) If I have to start small then I could just do a space shooter.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

[Fake 3D]

I have it hard to give up on a-lot of things in my head. I still have the will to do my raycaster games and I’ll intend to succeed on doing it.

I do believe raycaster’s can be made in a 2D editor like Xcode’s spriteKit? It is that the wall textures are sprites that morphs depending on the camera’s position right? I do know that I need to make the ZXY axis’s and that it’ll take a-lot of work (Especially for me) to make a functional raycaster especially with nearly no Xcode tutorials about this subject anywhere. Even how hard it is, I can’t drop it like I said above. I will focus on other projects like that space shooter and other practice games. But when it’s time then I’ll try to make some fake 3D.

Anything to say?
(This was supposed to be it's own thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.