• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Restart the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Okay, so basically what I want to know is how I can restart my map without actually rehosting the game over again and everyone leaving... Wintermaul Tournament Edition does it and Pimp's Hero Defense as well.

Here's the deal. I am making a survival map. The premise is to survive until the timer expires. When the timer expires, a dialogue box shows up prompting Red. Red can either choose to exit the game or to have another round. If red chooses to have another round then I need to be able to reset the game back to the beginning without having to quit and RM etc. Any ideas?

Level 8
When the button's clicked, just reset all your variables to what they are at the start, put all units back where they started, reset all triggers that you turned on / off, reset all timers, etc. etc..

You really just have to do everything manually by setting everything to what it is at the start.

Level 36
Yes and there is a 'Resrt Trigger' trigger, but basically all it does is reset the values back to the original, so it doesn't help me much... I managed to do it just by creating a second set of triggers as well as using the 'Run Trigger' trigger to run the old ones I needed, so it makes everything work out just fine. This map is gunna be the roxx0r haxx0rz when it's done :p

Level 8
Just as a heads up; sometimes it isn't a good idea to make games be able to be played over and over without re-hosting. a, No matter what game it is, someone will leave before the game is over. b, Less hosting, which means less spreading, which totals to less popularity. c, Drawn-out games usually get boring, since people tend to do the same things they did the first time. It's better to play with a new crowd.

Just my thoughts and experience.

Level 36
Hmmm... well maybe i'll eventually make it so that you have a set number of rounds and then it's over.... but really, I want my game to be fun, rather than popular.... Well I'd like to combine the best of both. Thanks for the help Tonks, your input as always, is very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.