• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Respawn bosses system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I don't know what respawn system you're using (or how you determine that something is a boss), so don't expect a detailed answer, but logically it would make sense to edit the system you have to either a) not apply to the boss (-es) and create a seperate system to respawn them or b) use different respawn timer within your already existing system depending on what "rank" of creature it applies to.

Have you tried any of that?

---

Also, you already have a recent thread about a very similar issue:
[Trigger] - Respawn system

Why another one?

Level 8
I don't know what respawn system you're using (or how you determine that something is a boss), so don't expect a detailed answer, but logically it would make sense to edit the system you have to either a) not apply to the boss (-es) and create a seperate system to respawn them or b) use different respawn timer within your already existing system depending on what "rank" of creature it applies to.

Have you tried any of that?

---

Also, you already have a recent thread about a very similar issue:
[Trigger] - Respawn system

Why another one?
the other one the trigger respawn system was buggy. so someone fixed it for me.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I have examples of what to do in your previous thread.

If your boss is a hero:
  • Specific Example
    • Events
      • Unit - Paladin 0000 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 300.00 seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive Paladin 0000 <gen> at (Center of (Playable map area)), Hide revival graphics
If it's a unit you can do something like this:
  • Generic Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
    • Actions
      • Wait 300.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Remember, if it's a unit then your Specific Events that reference it will stop working after it dies.

Level 8
I have examples of what to do in your previous thread.

If your boss is a hero:
  • Specific Example
    • Events
      • Unit - Paladin 0000 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 300.00 seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive Paladin 0000 <gen> at (Center of (Playable map area)), Hide revival graphics
If it's a unit you can do something like this:
  • Generic Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
    • Actions
      • Wait 300.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Remember, if it's a unit then your Specific Events that reference it will stop working after it dies.
Yes thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.