• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rescource ''Taking''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Do you need to rip an rescource from another project?
I'll do it for you, just give me the map or the link to it and tell me what rescource you want and i fix it in a couple of hours,

But
-I wont do models from wow or other games.
-I wont give you any trigger data/or other wc3 data just music, icons, skins, and models. And maybe interface if you need that.
-You need to give credit to the makers of the ripped map/or the makers of the rescource if you know their name.- Give me rep and credits (joke):grin: you dont need to.
-Dont ask me for the program it took me weeks to find it.
- I wont do and i repeat i wont do deprotecting and such!

And Please
-Dont blame me if the file is hidden/encrypted so my programs cant reach it. I tried.
-Note: the files path will include when i give it just remove the war3
mapimported and replace all @ with a \ see? @=\

Im doing this because i want to help. I can only do it on wc3 maps so dont give me something else.

-Is this illegal? - I dont really know and i suppose not, But deprotecting can be ( im not sure so i wont do it)

- I need a model from (map) and its a ''footman skin/model'' - i will help you out but give credits to the authors of the map or the author/s who made the model/skin/music/otherwise,!

- I dont want things that are ripped from another map. -Well dont bug me about it this is for the people who wants it.

- Why wont you give wc3 data? - Because ive tried and it ended with my computer crashing because someone added japanese custom triggers and such that your editor dont may have and that will totally **** up everything so i wont.
- But i still want the data! -Then get it yourself i wont do it!

- I need a map deprotected why cant you do it? - Because of the risk of map deprotecting. The map may loose fatal data and it can mess everything up. A perfect deprotect is truly rare.

- Will any rescource contain virus? - Not likely but i will scan it and you may scan it aswell if you dont feel safe.

- How long will it take for my resource to be done? - Well top 12 hours or so, even i sleep!
By asking me to get you a rescource you agree to not hold me responsible for anything that happens to your map!

Just for safety

- Always check the rescource i give you in model editor and such.
- Have a backup for your map in case of emergency
This is for deprotected maps not non protected ones.!!

Last edited:
Level 10
he is saying he can deprotect maps to extract protected resources. This is perfectly fair as most protected maps illegally restrict access to files that are not theirs to protect. However he is saying although I will deptroect the map to extract the resources I will not give you the deprotected map to do with as you wish as that is against hive policy.

Pretty good idea, although some peoples might get mad, (some resources were made specifically for that map)
although i have no problem with it, since it makes wc3's general experience more pleasureable, and i dont see the point in hording resources.
btw your talking about maps that you cant pull the listfile correct?
cause no map is encrypted, to the point you cant get the files out
they just wont have the proper names. (file00322000.blp ect)
and cant be used till you descover them, which can be quite tedious with large archives
I might be able to help out a bit in this thread, if it dosnt get banned by mods

Level 14
lol. It took me one day to find a program that de-protected any map. I havent run into a problem with deprotecting a map. Not that I use it to steal other people works. I just like to see how people do things like spells and stuff. However im just not too sure its right and It may end badly. Thats just my thought O-o Good luck though :/

~Asomath

Last edited:
Level 10
I'd say it is within hive workshop guidlines as long as he doesn't take anty resources if modellers contact him to not take them. Most people just corrupt resources that don't belong to them and that is jsut plain wrong.

I'd be pretty pissed off if my resources ended up on a map thats been corrupted for no good reason. Obviously any map that has to be protected to prevent save code style hacking is good I.e. Dark Deeds, the score system would be pointless if it was unprotected and you could generate top tier codes at will. But for most maps it is just corruption that makes it harder for people to learn from them. I know back in the day I was constantly infuriated by maps that had systems that I wanted to know how they worked and they were protected and obfuscated so I couldn't read the code. Ironiaclly now I can easily build any system I need, I can read the obfuscated JASS easily.

Ok rant over.

Good luck with this, I'll post a quick guide on how to do this yourself unless a mod PM's me and says don't. :)

Regards,
MadCD

Status
Not open for further replies.