• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Requesting feedback on a custom cursor (W.I.P.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Trying my hand at pixeling together a cursor for any custom map I decide to fool around with, and I've decided I need a little feedback. Please note that it is not, in fact, finished.

The cursor:
humancursor.png

I left the "hovering over a dude" cursors as a grey-scale, since the game's going to change their color anyway. Not too proud of how I did the treasure chest in the "moving items around" cursor, and the "moving the screen around" cursor isn't finished. I'm going to try to make it a fireball.

Any comments and criticism are welcome, save for negative comments without any criticism.

Level 7
Don't worry, that's not the final one. I just have no idea how to do that effectively. Maybe if I mimic a particle emitter? No, that won't look good at all... :(

Also, I was going to make the "hover over a dude" cursor a spinning coin, but... Not so sure how to do that with 8 frames. :-/

Edit: Is the "move the screen" cursor the same color? Or does Warcraft III change its color too?

Edit2: What would anyone say if I tried to turn Mr. Top Hat Guy over there in my avatar into an icon? I don't especially have any use for him in a map, but... Maybe later. That's a bit off-topic, don't you think?

Edit3: I think I know how I could do it... be back in an hour or so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.