• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

requesting a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey everyone, been away for awhile and now im working on a map of mine that hasnt gotten much attention... Im hoping to fix that by revamping it to be an awesome spin on what most consider an over done map type

Im tweaking my AVP map by adding a few new units fixing existing spells to work the way they should removing ones that dont fit right with the map and adding some new spells for each species.

the spell im needing to finish off the human species is an orbital bombardment. Something that crashes down from the sky (der) at a high rate of speed with a single "shot" that makes a large impact crater does a high rate of damage and creates a shock wave that radiates out from the impact point dealing decreasing damage. if anyone could make that for me then id be great full beyond belief.

Thanks

Level 3
awesome

thats great, dont suppose theres a way to make it a faster strike so it looks like it was fired from a cannon more then a missile launched and make it come from more above the target itself? everything else looks great. a good comparison is the mac round fired from the end cutscene from halo reach on the sword base map, quick and deadly

Level 10
thats great, dont suppose theres a way to make it a faster strike so it looks like it was fired from a cannon more then a missile launched and make it come from more above the target itself? everything else looks great. a good comparison is the mac round fired from the end cutscene from halo reach on the sword base map, quick and deadly

Well sure, you replace the meteor model by something more like this: Ion Canon or this Orbital Strike and reduce the effect duration within the ability. And if you want the effect to be even faster, increase the Dummy's animation speed

Level 3
sweeeeet

sweeeeeeet that'll do, that'll do nicely.... now i just need a few additional models for other bits and ill be able to update my map.... again.

Edit: bah i cant wrap my head around the timing for the ion cannon mdl and your trigger for it to work correctly. i hate when i get so close but my own knowledge and experiance holds me oh so far away

Last edited:
Level 10
sweeeeeeet that'll do, that'll do nicely.... now i just need a few additional models for other bits and ill be able to update my map.... again.

Edit: bah i cant wrap my head around the timing for the ion cannon mdl and your trigger for it to work correctly. i hate when i get so close but my own knowledge and experiance holds me oh so far away

Well I'm glad you like the result.
Now if you can't fix this timing problem, PM your map and I'll give it a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.