• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

REQUEST: Zerg Creep ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
yes i have some really nice zerg models i have been holding for a while and one thing is missing i need a creep model aka blight can anyone help me here?

i dont know how to customize blight or make a duplicate in fact when it comes to blight im a nooooooooob

anyone who makes this will get lots of rep from me for months

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A good start would be to get the SC2 blight texture. Use photoshop or some image editor to merge its various texture layers in a way that captures their detail (as WC3 does not support multiple layers so you need to simulate the result from having them in 1 layer).

You then extract the blight texture from WC3 archives. You use this nothing more as a positional template for the creep. Finally you cut out piecies of your merged SC2 creep and place them into the appropiate points on the blight template. Once done import this "creep" into your map at the same path as the blight texture.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
im trying to have two blights one zerg and one undead
This is not possible in WC3 nativly. Blight mechanics are hard coded.

You will have to simulate blight mechanics by using up atleasst 1 tile texture slot to hold your creep texture. To make this, get a tile texture you want to overwrite, fill in the various areas of the texture with extracts from the creep texture and then import into your map. Them make some script so the creep texture acts like real creep.

I do not know what each area of a terrain texture does in WC3 so you will have to work that out yourself.

Level 5
ya i saw somthing like that but you can only play as zerg... not really that fun when you cannot choose it. im trying to make the creep work in triggers i also need the units to work in starcraft sounds too not to mention i also need a larva-to-egg-to-unit trigger system

anywho im babbling so i will bring the texture for the creep to you soon in an edit

EDIT: i forgot i had this imported into my map already and had to goto town. anyways here it is

Attachments

• GLava.blp
    186.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.