• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] Worker Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello,

I am requesting a MUI trigger that is an aura that only effects the player's Worker units, giving them increased movement speed and increases their resource return by +3 gold / +4 lumber per turn-in while within the range of the aura. The area of effect for the aura can be 600. I would also like there to be a "buff" on the Worker units that shows they have the aura, like any normal aura.

I appreciate any help given, thanks.

Hjorleif

Last edited:
Level 23
increases their resource return by +3 gold / +4 lumber per turn-in while within the range of the aura

How does this function exactly?
E.g. if a unit has the buff, and then enters goldmine, is it supposed to carry +3 gold, and even return the +3 gold if no longer under effect of the buff?
Or can it carry 10 gold, and when getting the buff, it will return 13 at keep? Or once buffed it will carry bonus value on next resource gathering action?
Also, for wood, should the worker chop the additional amount or just chop 10 and then return 13?

You need to be a bit more specific imho.

Level 8
Hello,

Yeah you're right, I do need to be more specific, I have a problem with explaining myself at times haha.

What I had in mind is that the workers gather like normal (carry 10 gold / 10 lumber) but while under the buff, they return +3 and +4 lumber, so instead of returning the normal 10, they would return 13 gold and 14 lumber - only while buffed, otherwise it's the normal amount.

For the chopping, I suppose it doesn't matter too much as the trees have pretty much unlimited HP. I guess whichever is easier?

I hope this clears it up for you and anyone else, if not don't hesitate to ask and I will try to be more clear. :<

Thanks,

Hjorleif

Level 11
I will tackle this one tomorrow then.

PS: A trick I have picked up over the years is to Shift-Click the Targets Allowed field in abilities and typing in peon (it works, I don't know why it is not implemented by default)... And you can do this with any classification that units may have (town-hall etc), to view the classification raw string just shift click that.

I'm working on it right now, shouldn't take long.

PPS: It looks like that trick does not work anymore....... So I am adding the Ancient classification to peon type units to make it work (is that ok with you?)

Last edited:
Level 11
Got a question, what if a worker returns lumber but only hit a tree once? Basically he would be carrying only 1 lumber, do I still make it give the bonus lumber? Or only if he returned 10+ lumber? Or should it increase it by a percentage, like 40%?

Level 8
Hello,

The Ancient classification should be fine.

A percent would probably be pretty cool - I hadn't thought about doing it based off a percent instead of a set number. If that's not too difficult that might work out better in the long run.

Level 11
Here you go ^^... Let me know if I forgot stuff or if you need tweaks!

You need to import the buff to make it work (there's the aura ability too but as long as you got the buff it will work).

You need to set the buff here for it to work (if it changes when you upload to your map):
(in TPWA Bonus Resources)
  • ((Triggering unit) has buff Worker Aura ) Equal to True

Attachments

• TPWA v1.0.w3x
    22.1 KB · Views: 24
Level 8
Hello ThisPOT,

Once again you have made a trigger for me that works perfectly and exactly how I wanted it. I really do appreciate the help, both times. I also hope other people can find this helpful!

Thanks again,

Hjorleif

Status
Not open for further replies.