• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

request spell edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hy!

I need a spell edit, i wanna to the crushing wave spell also slows the targets.

Can sombody helps me?

Thx a lot!

Level 10
The difficulty in this edit is to slow only the units affected by Crushing Wave. What I suggest is to use a different base ability and make it look like Crushing Wave, for example: Breath of Frost. This ability can be the exact same as Crushing Wave if you edit it:
Create a new ability based on Breath of Frost, set the "Data - Damage Per Second" to 0, the "Data - Final Area" to 300 and the "Data - Max Damage" to 900.
Also replace the "Art - Missile Art" by Abilities\Spells\Other\CrushingWave\CrushingWaveMissile.mdl and the "Art - Missile Speed" to 1100.
Now the advantage is that the affected units have the buff "Breath of Frost" that you can rename to Crushing Wave by going into the "Buffs/Effects" Tab.

With that buff you can now save which unit is affected by the Crushing Wave, which we are going to do in this trigger:
Create a trigger like that:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Breath of Frost
  • Actions
    • Wait 0.80 seconds
    • Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Breath of Frost) Equal to True))
Now you have the desired unit saved (The waiting time is the difference between the moment the caster starts the ability and the moment the Crushing Wave disappears.
To slow these units, you can use a Dummy which has the "Envenomed Spears" ability and order him to attack the desired units. Edit the "Envenomed Spears" ability to remove the periodic damage, set the slowing movement and attack rate to the desired value and edit the duration time. Final trigger should look like this:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Breath of Frost
  • Actions
    • Wait 0.80 seconds
    • Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Breath of Frost) Equal to True))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
        • Unit - Create 1 SlowDummy for Neutral Hostile at (Point) facing Default building facing degrees.
        • Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to Attack (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created unit)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)
You'll also have to edit the name of "Poison (Non-Stacking)" and "Poison (Stacking)" buffs to something more suitable like "Soak" or whatever. *Also Edit Icons and art effect of your buffs* it looks more professional xD!
If you don't want the slow effect to be stackable, set the unit group to this:

• Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Breath of Frost) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) has buff Poison (Non-Stacking)) Equal to False) and ((Matching unit) has buff Poison (Stacking)) Equal to False))

Level 5
Ty for help!!

I try to follow your intsructions but it unfortunately doesnt work. It summons the dummies but they never attack the affected units, i also try to use the slow spell for the dummies but it casted only 2-3 units with buff of breath of frost. Can you send me a test map?

Status
Not open for further replies.