• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] Smooth Camera System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Anyone here have a smooth camera system? Its a system that notd aftermath uses to make the camera movement smooth. I can't open notd aftermath so don't know how they script their smooth camera system.

So is there a sample out there that I can use?

I will give rep for anyone who can find me a smooth camera system :grin:

Thanks.

Level 12
What is the real factor correlation to the smoothness of the camera? Like if the value of real factor is greater than zero does it become smoother?

And also is that the only thing I need to set a smooth camera like in Notd? Or is there another native I need to call?

EDIT

I tried it. Didn't spot any change... I'm not sure what this native does but maybe you guys are getting it wrong, maybe :grin.

So, what I'm talking about is if you move your camera using your keyboard or mouse to another field of view, usually it stops straight away after you stop moving the camera. With respect to the system I'm talking about, it makes this camera stop smoothly instead of stoping immidietely.

EDIT

Nvm this... I found out that the system resets the camera smooth factor everytime the camera field view changes. In order to make the camera smooth permanently I did a recursive loop every 1 sec setting the camera smooth factor to 100. I opened notd aftermath using xdep, they actually have camera smooth factor looped time interval.

Cool! thx anyways

Last edited:
Level 10
A camera system that is smooth requires math, i dont think any gui user attempted to make one since its not as well, useful for most gui users. If you want actual smooth movement try not using waits and use the event
"Game - (RealVariable) becomes Equal to 0.00".
Also try to turn them into scenes and stuff, well goodluck.

Loops !! they are my worst enemy when they are periodic >> Yet sometimes they are essential :) i only used them when i have to, in periodic events that is, well nice meeting you. Later >>

Level 12
Well what I'm referring to is the actual Camera Smooth system I break into in Notd Aftermath .j file (all jass language). The only thing they had is a loop with camerasmooth function called. And when I try it it works perfectly as it does in the Notd aftermath.

Thanks anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.