• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Request: Simple Model Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Can I get the standard WC3 Elven Gate and Gate as a Vertical position model? They only seem to come as Horizontal position when used as a model for Units.

Level 10
Can I get the standard WC3 Elven Gate and Gate as a Vertical position model? They only seem to come as Horizontal position when used as a model for Units.

I guess you missed that part.

To answer the question at hand though, here you go~ It's not pretty, but it should suffice, shouldn't it? X3

Attachments

• ElfGate.mdx
    19.7 KB · Views: 97
Level 4
Elven gate has diagonal, vertical and horizontal versions.

When i try to go to Doodads to use as Models for units, only one shows up and its horizontal. Am i supposed to enter some key word in a separate field in the object editor of that unit to use the extra model?

Level 4
Elven gate has diagonal, vertical and horizontal versions.

How to access these models? In the object editor, for example, I want to use the City Entrance as a Gate, but it only comes in 1 model. I only need it horizontally and vertically as a unit, but when in the object editor of this unit, I go to Model, only one option shows up(when I go to Destructible Models) for this model: City Entrance <Base>, City Entrance <Base>

So the model has 2 names, which I would think is because it serves as the same model for 2 units, vertically and horizontally, under Destructibles. But the thing is, under Destructibles, it looks like they attained the Vertical model by changing the degree of rotation, which is clearly not an option for Objects such as structures.

How then, could I use such models on units? Would someone with experience with model editing have to just rotate a model? If so, may I then request a rotated model of the pre-existing City Entrance destructible gate, in the Vertical position

EDIT: Oops sorry, I meant to add this to my previous post.No harassing bump intended D:

Level 4
In object editor, find the City Entrance.
Change the Art - Fixed Rotation to 90.00.
Change the Art - Shadow to Gate (Horizontal <Base>....)

I want the model as a unit though.. And in the object editor if you browse Destrucibles, the City Gate only appears in one version. And I would need 2 versions for both horizontal and vertical.

Status
Not open for further replies.