• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] Merge two models into one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I would like some help with merging/editing a model, let me explain:
I have a Lina Inverse model and i want her to have a separate Lord of Nightmares form (she is golden textured during this form, everything else is the same only the texture differs).
Basically, i want each animation she has in normal mode to be copied over to alternate mode(Lord of Nightmares)

I am uploading an archive containing 5 files:
-Lina Invers-.mdx - original model with original texture
lon.mdx - this is how she should look in alternate(Lord of Nightmares) mode
Lina.blp - texture for -Lina Invers-.mdx
lon.blp - texture for lon.mdx
partial.mdl - what i have been able to accomplish so far using a geoset merger, close to the final product but the merged lon.mdx model is not animated and just sits on top of the original one.

Now you will say: Why not make a copy of the model, change the texture and use that?
Answer: Because the .mdx file is 309KB and i have run out of space on my map.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
The_Cl0W

Attachments

• Model.zip
    598.1 KB · Views: 53
Level 3
Yeah good idea, too bad i already tried that and it did not work, she is not tinted when in Lord of Nightmares mode and becomes tinted when exiting it XD.

Also the only way to make the model golden was to convert the texture to monochrome and then apply color.

Thanks tho :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.