• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Request - Make a Portal Spell MUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Would anyone kindly help me to make this MUI and leakless? I will gladly accept and +rep any helper.
  • Portal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Summon Portal
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face (Facing of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Destructible - Create a dead Shimmering Portal at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees) facing ((Facing of (Triggering unit)) + 180.00) with scale 1.00 and variation 1
      • Destructible - Resurrect (Last created destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation
      • Set Portal1[0] = (Last created destructible)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of Portal1[0]) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set PortalDummy1[0] = (Last created unit)
      • Region - Center Portal1 <gen> on ((Position of Portal1[0]) offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Destructible - Create a dead Shimmering Portal at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) with scale 1.00 and variation 1
      • Destructible - Resurrect (Last created destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation
      • Set Portal2[0] = (Last created destructible)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of Portal2[0]) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set PortalDummy2[0] = (Last created unit)
      • Region - Center Portal2 <gen> on ((Position of Portal2[0]) offset by 50.00 towards ((Facing of (Triggering unit)) + 180.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 8.20 seconds
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Portal1 <gen>)
      • Wait until ((Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of Portal1[0])) Less than or equal to 50.00), checking every 0.20 seconds
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Portal2 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To ((Position of Portal2[0]) offset by 150.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) On
      • Destructible - Kill Portal1[0]
      • Destructible - Kill Portal2[0]
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove PortalDummy1[0] from the game
      • Unit - Remove PortalDummy2[0] from the game
I will answer in this thread to any questions about the spell:

Idea: The idea of this spell is to teleport a unit through a portal it channels, where the target of the teleportation is to the target of the spell. The spell cancels whenever the unit is attacked or issued another order, but that's not the problem.
Dummy units: I use three dummy units in this spell: two for vision (one for each spell) and one for giving the casting unit a "Channel" buff (the one with the expiration timer). Again, the others I want to be able to kill when unit is attacked or issued an order.

29/1/09: Updated trigger due to neavea's and Nicokick's comments, added map.
2/2/09: Updated trigger, map. (Made dummy unit array)

BTW, my map here has some other spells.. Ignore them or pm me if you want to give feedback. Thanks!

Attachments

• Arena.w3x
    48.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 5
Ya what nicokick said, portal1+2 should be arrays and for the portal dummies instead of deleting them through the trigger, to make it easy for MUI put a 20 sec timer on em so that way in 20 sec they die on their own. And make sure your arrays have max room in em for MUI (really you would only need like 100

Also all of your "player 1" stuff should be triggering player.

your "casting unit" should be "triggering unit"

And as a note, since this the helping forum for triggers and such I will help you but not write up the trigger for you (you think everyone gets their requests? Ive been waiting for bout 4 months for a modeler for BugWarz but still I have no reply... >_>)

Level 12
and for the portal dummies instead of deleting them through the trigger, to make it easy for MUI put a 20 sec timer on em so that way in 20 sec they die on their own.

Thanks for everything you're help me with, but the portal dummies don't fit for expiration timers because I have another trigger that makes the caster stop channeling when he's attacked or issued another order.
BTW: I edited my first post.

Last edited:
Level 5
whats dummy 1 used for? I don't see it anywhere in the code.

And it seems like you got dummy 2 covered with a 1 sec gen timer so you can remove the "remove dummy 2" as well as the "set dummy 2".

Level 12
Made now the dummy array. Just tell me please how to use it. Right now I'm using only 1 slot out of 100! Same for portal array.

neavea said:
Are you just using them for there models? (you can put models in game as a special effect)
neavea, if you read my previous post you'll see that I'm using them for vision and for giving buffs. I don't need models for them. Take a look in the map just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.