• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Request for 'Seduce' spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Heya all.

Can somebody make me a spell:

Name: Seduce
Effect: 'Seduces' an enemy unit or creep (no higher then lvl 5) and make it join the seducers' side for a short period of time (so becomes controllable).
Duration: 10 seconds or so
spell stops: Well after those 10 seconds (duh) OR when taking any kind of damage OR when dispelled in any form OR when dead

Model I'll take care of myself; nice little hearts around the effected unit or 1 big one above the head... Not sure yet. Ofcourse i'll give full credit! Duh!

Level 9
I'll do it! Couple questions:

1) How would you like the countdown until the unit returns to its own side to be displayed? Ex: Expiratin timer, timer window, text meggage, or not at all.
2) Explain the graphics you want.
3) Regarding taking damage: do you mean when the target unit takes damage, or when the casting unit takes damage?

~The_Raven

Level 9
Its a good spell, but:
1) It can't be dispelled.
2) Its not targetable; I think he wanted a targetable spell.

I have a version done, but its buggy and only supports one caster. Do you want me to post it now or wait until I work out the bugs (hopefully sometime tomorrow evening?)

One more thing, if the target unit is attacked, do you want the spell to end? What if a spell is cast on it?

~The_Raven

Level 5
Hello The_Raven,

Thnx for your reply. Ok answering time:
- Countdown: Not at all... just like any other spell.. the little buff icon starts to go on and of. So no timers or so.
- Graphic: No need really (at this point).. I'm currently working on a model that either shows several little flickering hearts around the seduced unit, or 1 big heart hovering above the head of the unit like e.g. inner fire... Ofcourse if u have something like this it will save me time :D
- taking damage: When the seduced unit (so target unit) takes any form of damage the spell ends.
- spell cast on the unit: Good question.. u would say that would be possible.. When the spell stops and the seduced unit becomes an enemy again all buffs are dispelled... I think that is the best option.

So once the unit is seduced, u can cast benificial spell on it and the enemy negative ones. As soon a s the seduce spell stops all buffs are dispelled.

Hope this helps!

Level 5
Hey thanx man! I just dl it and it works perfect. It doesn't dispell any buffs though when the spell is over but that is no problem! I now actually think it is better not to dispell all buffs!

Currently working on that model! Probably finished this weekend!

I just encountered a problem: When making this a non hero spell it crashes the game.. I tried to figure out what it causes.. but as I'm not to good with a bit more complicated triggers wasn't able to find out.

Thnx again!
Sundance

Level 9
On the "Main" trigger, look for the text:

-------- Wait --------
If ((Level of Seduce for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1) then do (Wait 10.00 seconds) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Level of Seduce for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2) then do (Wait 15.00 seconds) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Level of Seduce for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Wait 20.00 seconds) else do (Do nothing)

Delete all this and replace it with "Wait 10 Seconds." This should solve you problem.

~The_Raven

Level 9
I got it to work:
1) Change the wait functions (as explained above.)
2) Change the ability to a unit ability.
3) Set the number of levels to one.
4) (I don't know if this is necessary) Give it to the hero as a normal ability, not a hero ability.

~The_Raven

Level 5
I had done everything u had said in yer last post and it crashed the game somehow.. I just decided to try it again and it worked.. Weird .. I cannot reproduce the crash anymore so I must have done something wrong the last time.

Thanx again.. Still working on that model thingy!

Level 1
I have downloaded and tried to implement this spell from the DL section of this website...

I cannot open the map (it says a certain trigger does not exist or something)...or is there some other way I am supposed to obtain the spell form it?

I am interested in applying it to a custom "mind flayer" creep from DnD, this spell is exactly what I was looking for.

Level 1
Gods be praised!

of course, as I suspected, the source of my problem was the same source as most problems in the gaming world:

Not having an update...

now I can open it...lets see if I can import it.

Status
Not open for further replies.