• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

*Request*converting a warcraft map into text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
hello

I'm looking for someone who can convert the warcraft map into text so that I can then create a program to automatically spell check all the errors in Tool tips spells and cinematics.

this project will then point out the errors allowing you to edit them and convert them back into a warcraft map formats.

please help.

requirements.
converts warcraft maps into text
converts text back into warcraft map.

thank you ^^

Level 13
Well, the program would really only need to convert .wts and a few other files into text documents. You should look into what all files War3 uses for strings in the map

Level 19
ok good we are making some progress.

I'll look at it at the end of today or latest this weekend. I've already created the program on my end, so I just need to import the text files run and problem solve any new errors.

Level 26
There are multiple files where you can put strings and your map only contains the customizations. So if you use a footman from the original game for instance (or use it as a base for a custom object), its name won't be saved inside the map unless you change it (when it becomes magenta in OE). Map strings can be outsourced in war3map.wts but do not have to, hence why this task may not be that trivial/straightforward.

Level 19
There are multiple files where you can put strings and your map only contains the customizations. So if you use a footman from the original game for instance (or use it as a base for a custom object), its name won't be saved inside the map unless you change it (when it becomes magenta in OE). Map strings can be outsourced in war3map.wts but do not have to, hence why this task may not be that trivial/straightforward.
However a copied original will not have spelling errors, at least I hope Blizzard didn't fail English class

Status
Not open for further replies.