• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[AI] Replacing preplaced units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, actually there's a trigger:
  • No replacing
    • AI - Ignore the guard positions of all (player) units
"This action tells the AI for the given player to neither use nor replace any of his preplaced units. This has no effects on Heroes and peon-type units."
-
If you need only certain units not to be replaced there's the other trigger:
  • No replacing
    • AI - Ignore (unit)'s guard position
This of course requires a trigger but that's the only way to do it that I know.

Level 7
make a seperate player for the cinematic sequence units?
just change the color of the player*.. use a player that wont be on the map

Last edited:
But I want those preplaced units to be used as they would be trained.

And now this fucking worthless pile of shit is letting only to make two waves although I defined 4 >.< Wtf is wrong? Why then blizzard release tools that don't work properly -.-

Attachments

• pile of shit.jpg
    pile of shit.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 90
Level 6
Can't you just set a command at the end of the cinematic triggers that tell it to start the ai script.

I've never done an ai script using the script maker, but I would assume thats what that action is for.

Level 10
Well, there's another trigger...
  • No replacing
    • AI - Recycle (Unit)'s guard position
I've never used this trigger so I'm not sure that this will work... the hint says:
This action requests that the AI recycle the guard position that once belonged to the specified unit.
Does it mean that the unit will be used again but without going to the guard position (meaning that it has been "recycled" for the attack) or does it mean that the guard position will be taken by another unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.