• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Replaced race music sometimes stop playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello fellow mapmakers.

My problem is this : I've replaced all human musics (same with undead) with custom mp3. All 4 tracks have played at least once, so worldedit recognizes the files.
But sometimes after one is finished it just stops playing new tracks, and I don't think it's always after the same track/it's always after the 2nd.
Has anyone ever encountered this problem ?

Level 20
I don't think it's related. The music restart from where it stopped after a cutscene as usual. From the tests I made, a music theme is played only once and automatically stops after a cutscene transition (I don't have any trouble with those), a music automatically plays if there is no theme playing, except if you use a trigger to prevent it.
The problem is that the imported music tracks I use don't behave like the vanilla ones. I think it stops playing after the 2nd one but I'm not sure since I test the maps for different things at once and I'm not monitoring music closely. I will have to test that separately while reading a book or something :grin:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 71
Anyways, this is how Blizzard does it for their campaigns:

• Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run Init 03 Music <gen> (checking conditions)
  • Init 03 Music
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Clear the music list
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Sound - Play Blood Elf Theme, skipping the first 9.58 seconds
      • Sound - Set the music list to Music, starting with song 0
Also, try testing the music flow by accessing that specific map through the game, not editor (via test map).

Last edited:
Level 20
  • Sound - Set the music list to Music, starting with song 0
that's the music list I was talking about, but you don't need the trigger

I never test my maps via the "test map" because it doesn't work for campaigns unless you have zero custom campaign unit/doodad/spell etc. That's one of the pains on working on campaigns instead of single maps (the other being the AI editor) :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.