• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Replace a Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
My problem here is when the unit changes into his new form. He stops moving to the location he was heading and deselects from the selection when the research is completed. This is what i got so far.....

Hiveupload.JPG

Last edited:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
1. Use "set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true" before picking all units,
2. get rid of "Do nothing" as it was only meant to be used back in RoC days when there was only "if then else" single action.
3. You need to trigger those things manually. Replacing a unit just drops it in the bucket, it does not remember orders or selection. Here is what that function does:

JASS:
//===========================================================================
// This attempts to replace a unit with a new unit type by creating a new
// unit of the desired type using the old unit's location, facing, etc.
//
function ReplaceUnitBJ takes unit whichUnit, integer newUnitId, integer unitStateMethod returns unit
    local unit    oldUnit = whichUnit
    local unit    newUnit
    local boolean wasHidden
    local integer index
    local item    indexItem
    local real    oldRatio

// If we have bogus data, don't attempt the replace.
    if (oldUnit == null) then
        set bj_lastReplacedUnit = oldUnit
        return oldUnit
    endif

// Hide the original unit.
    set wasHidden = IsUnitHidden(oldUnit)
    call ShowUnit(oldUnit, false)

// Create the replacement unit.
    if (newUnitId == 'ugol') then
        set newUnit = CreateBlightedGoldmine(GetOwningPlayer(oldUnit), GetUnitX(oldUnit), GetUnitY(oldUnit), GetUnitFacing(oldUnit))
    else
        set newUnit = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(oldUnit), newUnitId, GetUnitX(oldUnit), GetUnitY(oldUnit), GetUnitFacing(oldUnit))
    endif

// Set the unit's life and mana according to the requested method.
    if (unitStateMethod == bj_UNIT_STATE_METHOD_RELATIVE) then
        // Set the replacement's current/max life ratio to that of the old unit.
        // If both units have mana, do the same for mana.
        if (GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE) > 0) then
            set oldRatio = GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_LIFE) / GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE)
            call SetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_LIFE, oldRatio * GetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE))
        endif

if (GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA) > 0) and (GetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA) > 0) then
            set oldRatio = GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_MANA) / GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA)
            call SetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MANA, oldRatio * GetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA))
        endif
    elseif (unitStateMethod == bj_UNIT_STATE_METHOD_ABSOLUTE) then
        // Set the replacement's current life to that of the old unit.
        // If the new unit has mana, do the same for mana.
        call SetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_LIFE, GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_LIFE))
        if (GetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA) > 0) then
            call SetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetUnitState(oldUnit, UNIT_STATE_MANA))
        endif
    elseif (unitStateMethod == bj_UNIT_STATE_METHOD_DEFAULTS) then
        // The newly created unit should already have default life and mana.
    elseif (unitStateMethod == bj_UNIT_STATE_METHOD_MAXIMUM) then
        // Use max life and mana.
        call SetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_LIFE, GetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE))
        call SetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetUnitState(newUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA))
    else
        // Unrecognized unit state method - ignore the request.
    endif

// Mirror properties of the old unit onto the new unit.
    //call PauseUnit(newUnit, IsUnitPaused(oldUnit))
    call SetResourceAmount(newUnit, GetResourceAmount(oldUnit))

// If both the old and new units are heroes, handle their hero info.
    if (IsUnitType(oldUnit, UNIT_TYPE_HERO) and IsUnitType(newUnit, UNIT_TYPE_HERO)) then
        call SetHeroXP(newUnit, GetHeroXP(oldUnit), false)

set index = 0
        loop
            set indexItem = UnitItemInSlot(oldUnit, index)
            if (indexItem != null) then
                call UnitRemoveItem(oldUnit, indexItem)
                call UnitAddItem(newUnit, indexItem)
            endif

set index = index + 1
            exitwhen index >= bj_MAX_INVENTORY
        endloop
    endif

// Remove or kill the original unit.  It is sometimes unsafe to remove
    // hidden units, so kill the original unit if it was previously hidden.
    if wasHidden then
        call KillUnit(oldUnit)
        call RemoveUnit(oldUnit)
    else
        call RemoveUnit(oldUnit)
    endif

set bj_lastReplacedUnit = newUnit
    return newUnit
endfunction

Level 7
Wouldn't it just be wiser to make an upgrade like Berserker Upgrade? I'm pretty sure units remember all their orders if you use that.

Because it looks to me that that's basically what you're trying to do.

Level 7
@Bribe - Im gonna try it, but i had the code before i rebooted my computer and it worked right where the new unit did obey the order as the upgrade was complete. Im sure ill get it again in the mean time ill try what u got there.

@Psuusoy - it would be but i also need the peasant and peon to transform as well so they can advance build structures. i already knew that but need 4 units to use to this trigger.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
GUI replace unit basically removes the existing unit and makes a new one at its place with some of the same properties. Be warned that this does leak as do all unit removals (even natural death) but the leak is unfixable.

You could try using chaos to morph the unit. That seems to maintain more properties than GUI replaces does although I believe it still stuffers the same leak as all forms of getting rid of units (wish blizzard would spend a few hours to try and fix this).

Status
Not open for further replies.