• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replace "A newly constructed unit cannot be placed" sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
In my game, sometimes annoying noobs will create enough units that this sound is going off over and over again, because they are trying to train units from a barracks but there is no room. I tried replacing the sound before and didn't have any luck, it still sounded the same. How can I get rid of this annoying sound? Sometimes the noobs will leave and the sound gets so annoying that you have to turn your volume for wc3 off. Any ideas how I can either replace or get rid of this sound?

Level 28
I tried creating too much units in the barracks (and other unit-creating buildings, but I never got a sound like that.
The only sound I know that is about what you described is when you reach the maximum food limit, it sounds like a little error-beep (no spoken words).

Additionally: if they leave, how can the sound still continue? According to you, it is triggered by trying to train units.
If the player cannot train units anymore, the sound cannot play anymore, that sounds logical to me.
And how can you hear the sound if the other players are triggering it? Error-sounds are local.

You have to be more specific, really.

Level 6
Ok. I guess I thought I was being specific enough because this error happens when there's not room for a unit to be trained from a building. The error I'm talking bout is the same error beep, yet it goes off continously. This happens when you're trying to train units from a building and "there is no room for the unit to be placed." Since there are still units in the queue, the sound repeats over and over again as the error continuously is occurring. An asshole player could decide to not clear his queue and leave the game or go afk. To recreate the error, just make a small island or whatever and place a building on it and try to train until the island is full. That's whats happening, and it's super annoying.

Level 28
Oh! I thought you meant there was no room in the queue! Okay, misunderstood you there.
But please, try not to call those people "noobs" and "assholes", it's a bit lame. They might not even do it on purpose, maybe their sound isn't even on? And even IF they did it on purpose, just restrain yourself.

Solution:
Create an empty .wav-file and import it as "Sound\Interface\Error.wav".
You can download an empty sound here, in case you don't know how to create that.

I wonder how it's possible that there isn't enough room, I had to create over 1400 footmen before getting that warning (of course, this was an empty area).
Still, if that's only 1 player... if I were you, I'd just put a limit on the amount of units, because controlling such a group is hard and the poly amount may be too much for certain players.

Status
Not open for further replies.