• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Powerups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

I've been trying to make Powerup items become removed from the game after pick-up, because my seller unit can sell items in a group and obviously Powerups aren't removed from the game, so they get picked up again... and again... and again... etc.

I made the simple trigger below but it doesn't seem to work at all. Any thoughts?

• Remove Powerups
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Powerup
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

Level 12
What do you mean they do not get removed from the game? They should still be dead so that you can't pick them up again. They do leak, so if you have tons and tons of these powerups, you should try to remove them like your trigger seems to be trying to do, but your description makes it sound like a different problem.

Maybe you forgot to put "Perishable - true" and "Charges - 1". I don't know what happens if you don't set those as well.

If you are trying to clean up the invisible items...
Have you tried without the wait?

Level 13
No I mean when you pick an item like a Tome it doesn't actually get removed from the game. So triggers and such will still detect it.

My trigger is just meant to remove the Powerup once it gets picked up so other triggers don't re-use the Powerups

Status
Not open for further replies.