• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Modeling] Removing hero glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Ok I have downloaded a model program but when I load it up etc I can't tell what hero glow is and what isn't is there a trick to it or what?
I use the old way of War3 Model Editor to remove hero glow. I just Ctrl + Left Click on the hero glow and go to the Geoset Manager and delete the hero glow geoset which is highlighted. Apparently you can also use Retera's Model Studio to remove hero glow but I never tried it.
Maybe Retera can give you more info.

Level 13
I use the old way of War3 Model Editor to remove hero glow. I just Ctrl + Left Click on the hero glow and go to the Geoset Manager and delete the hero glow geoset which is highlighted. Apparently you can also use Retera's Model Studio to remove hero glow but I never tried it.
Watched the video makes it simple now I need to find the mountain king in the warcraft 3 folder which does not have any models showing

TY You taught this old man something New
Oj I have removed the hero glow on 3 models 1 works fine the other 2 I keep getting errors when testing you ever have that happen? it is the model Dwarf I posted above. TY

Level 13
Downloaded Matrix eater takes longer but the model doesn't break took me a hr to figure out how to remove the glow but it works

Level 28
Watched the video makes it simple now I need to find the mountain king in the warcraft 3 folder which does not have any models showing

TY You taught this old man something New

Oj I have removed the hero glow on 3 models 1 works fine the other 2 I keep getting errors when testing you ever have that happen? it is the model Dwarf I posted above. TY
Yes, some geosets are associated with geoset animations, like the hero glow for example. So if the hero glow geoset is associated with a geoset animation you need to delete the geoset animation as well

Status
Not open for further replies.