• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing blight from minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I tried everything, reimported shit left and right, blight still there, is there a way to hide blight from minimap !?!?

Last edited:
Level 11
I tried everything, reimported shit left and right, blight still there, is there a way to hide blight from minimap !?!?
The problem is you have ingame blight and triggering blight.
If you use trigerring blight (create blight on region etc) then you can remove it only by triggers.
If you use ingame blight (like build undead building etc) then you should create ability (see item ability which removes blight and set area of effect to 99999 and order dummy unit to use the ability in the center of map or somewhere else.

Level 8
I haven't tried to do this, but i think it's impossible.
I read some posts about custom mini map, and there also people discussed about how to remove blight spots from custom minimap pictures.
Thnx, I searched around too, I also think its impossible. Thanks.

Level 8
If it is rendered to the minimap image by the editor then a custom minimap image can be used. If it as added to the mimap in game via a minimap overlay then there is nothing one can really do.
Interesting. Rendered to the minimap image. How I can go around on doing that?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The in game minimap is nothing more than a BLP file generated by the editor when you save. The editor looks at features like terrain, destructables, doodads, cliffs, ramps etc and renders them to the image. If these features change during the game, eg a tree is chopped down, then the minimap image is not updated to reflect this. Features such as units and camera view are rendered on top of the minimap image by the game.

One can import a custom mimimap BLP file to overwrite the one automatically generated by the editor. This can show different features, be an artistic interpretation of the map or anything one wants. In game managed features will still be rendered on top of it though, which may or may not be desirable.

Level 8
The in game minimap is nothing more than a BLP file generated by the editor when you save. The editor looks at features like terrain, destructables, doodads, cliffs, ramps etc and renders them to the image. If these features change during the game, eg a tree is chopped down, then the minimap image is not updated to reflect this. Features such as units and camera view are rendered on top of the minimap image by the game.

One can import a custom mimimap BLP file to overwrite the one automatically generated by the editor. This can show different features, be an artistic interpretation of the map or anything one wants. In game managed features will still be rendered on top of it though, which may or may not be desirable.
Actually, I do not mind cause terrain does not change. But when I deleted the war3mapMap the minimap just went straight black.

edit: I didnt get it you the first time. No matter what image i put there, the blight shows on minimap. Doesn't matter if i put a castle, a flower or a black war3mapMap.

Status
Not open for further replies.