• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Removing an ability after research another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings.
I need some help with trigger. Look, I have an unit Burning Archer who can shoot Fire Arrows. It's some kind of powerful ability. A Graveyard allows to research another ability for Burning Archer called Arrows of Deadflames; it's a powerful ability too. In my battle-kind map, Burning Archer with two of these skills would be too hard to kill and simply will be overpowered.
Burning Archer start with ability Fire Arrows. When Arrows of Deadflames are researched, Fire Arrows ability should be removed from Burning Archer but not only from existing ones but from those which will be trained later too. And I really don't have idea how to do this... I mean, removing ability after research from existing ones is easy but from next ones not...
Thanks.

Level 7
you could do it by having two burning archers, one with fire arrows the other with arrows of deadflames, and then do an upgrade similar to the orc berserker upgrade.
You will then need to copy
an ability called berserker upgrade and and set the new unit to Burning archer (with dead flames) and set its techtree dependencies to your upgrade. and then give your new Berserker upgrade ability to the burning archers.

Level 2
Probably a better way to solve this is to give all abilities to your archer at start and disable your level 2,3,4 etc spells for wanted players at map initialization.
After doing that research make it so level 1 is disabled for the owner of resarching unit, and enable level 2, and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.