• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove the "damage to terrain" effect from abilities like thunderclap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
to be honest im using this model:

Orbitalstrike

and i kinda want to spam it, but when i do it creates that "damage to terrain" effect, that is like an overlay on top of the actual ground texture that will fade away after some time.
is there any way of removing those effects? if u spam things that create these effects it just looks really ugly :/

Level 14
They are called Uber-splats and I think they are actually part of the model much like footprints are for certain models. I think you may have to customize the model in order to get rid of it. I would suggest searching the Hive for info about removing Ubersplats.

EDIT:

Originally posted by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Open the model with Magos' model editor and use the node editor to remove the ubersplat. The uberslplat should look like UBRx*** with a little grey icon. Just righ-click and remove.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.