• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Remove Old Doodad Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a problem with a map I'm working on. Originally, the map was supposed to be an RPG WarChasers-style, so I opened Blizzard's WarChasers map and edited it; I based my map off it. Now, it ends up I want to make it just boss fights, so now it looks nothing like the original WarChasers map except for the hero selection. But since I removed the doodads the WarChasers map had, their shadows are there, just as the doodad was in place. It looks really ugly and wierd. I am sure they are shadows because if I press 'S' in WE, they disappear. Does anyone know of a way to remove them?

Level 9
That seems pretty strange.. So in the world editor you selected those doodads, pressed delete and their models disappeared while their shadows didn't?

If so, then it could just be the WorldEditor. Do the shadows appear in-game as well?

EDIT: Personally off the top of my head all I can think is to raise the terrain level, then lower it again in those areas. Place some units, see if the units are able to be placed, to see if the doodad is leaving collision as well. See if any of those do anything.

Level 5
No, the shadows are there, but there is nothing else left of the doodads I removed. I tried raising and lowering terrain but they are still there. And they do appear in game. They looks really wierd there. :sad:

Just take a look at this:

wtfax.png

Status
Not open for further replies.