• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove minimap icon for building owned by neutral passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

If I have a building owned by Neutral Passive, it shows the neutral building icon on the minimap.

Is there anyway to make it so it doesn't show this icon? There is a boolean field in buildings, but it only disables the icon in the map preview, and not in game.

Level 15
genin32, that only works for the minimap in the map description, and not in game.

True, that's only for the preloaded mini-map. Use Stats - Hide Minimap Display: True.

I suppose I'll make it a unit and see how it behaves.

10z1l4z.png

This should help you, Object Editor > Neutral Building > Shows Minimap Icon = False

Level 15
This should help you, Object Editor > Neutral Building > Shows Minimap Icon = False

Again this has been said many times, and I already did this as said in the OP.

There is a boolean field in buildings, but it only disables the icon in the map preview, and not in game.

Pharaoh, then how do I disable the icon in game?

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Wtf. Stats - Hide Minimap Icon works fine for me. It's (icon) shown in map preview and is hidden in game.
Alternatively, you can open Advanced -> Game Interface -> Icon - Minimap: Neutral field.
Fill this one with blank.blp file.

However, previous option, available in Object Editor should work just fine.

Level 15
Many thanks everyone! I apologize for my mistake. I was lazy and did not find that field ('uhom') my first few glances over the object editor. Everything should be working now!

Level 3
Wtf. Stats - Hide Minimap Icon works fine for me. It's (icon) shown in map preview and is hidden in game.
Alternatively, you can open Advanced -> Game Interface -> Icon - Minimap: Neutral field.
Fill this one with blank.blp file.

However, previous option, available in Object Editor should work just fine.

Hiding unit on minimap no longer seems to work. Trying messing with any fields mentioning unit in Game Interface and haven't had any luck hiding/disabling unit icons on the minimap. May we ask if you've any ideas?

Attachments

• icons.png
    icons.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 20
  • iconsInEditor.PNG
    iconsInEditor.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.