• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

remove heavy rumbling noise from walking unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Ah, it's the sound movement. That would be easy to solve out (but hoping I got your problem understood correctly). Go to the Object Editor then go to your unit then find Sound - Movement, set it to None.

That is only partially true.

It is true you can remove the movement sounds of certain units via object editor. (eg. the clopping of horse hooves for mounted units)

However the deep rumbling from steps of various "large" units is tied to model itself and has to be removed by model editing.

The solution all depends on the exact unit model the OP has a problem with.

Level 7
Actually I didn't realise I have a problem. The portrait model is now missing. how do I fix this?

EDIT:
I did manage to fix this as well. sorry for the double post

I opened the Ogre_portrait.mdx file and exported it. Saved it as OgreNoFootsteps_portrait.mdx (to go with the ogre model of OgreNoFootsteps.mdx) and imported the portrait into WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.