• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Remove Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not glow, so much as Material layer..
(glow is whats on heros)

Rather, allow me to give you the steps to solve the problem yourself?

step 1, download war3modeleditor from tools here
step 2, go to windows/mpq browser, find which mpq the priest model is in, then open it.

Step3. depending on your situation choose one of these 2 paths..
Path1 Material removal: This should be done, if you expect no team color at all (shoulder pads ect) (also if you want to reduce filesize do path 2)
Step1, with your model open, go to windows/materialmanager
step2, double click the materials, untill you find one with 2 material layers (one of them should be teamcolor),
step3, remove that material layer from the material
step4, save and import your model
Path2 Cape removal: this can used to remove only the cape, it will retain other team colors though
Step1. Download vertex modifyer from Tools here
Step2. with your model open in war3modeleditor, save it as a .mdl file
Step3. Open your model with vertex mod, and pick a Geoset until you can see the one with the cape(it may be the second?)
step4. select all of the dots for the cape (only)
step5. press delete, then save
step6. open the .mdl file with war3modeleditor and make sure you didnt delete anything other than the cape, if go back to vertexmod, undo, and try again...
step7. Once you see the cape gone, you can save the .mdl file back as a .mdx, then import, and enjoy

If any of the progs say they need a file.... GOOGLE for them...

I have attached the model, but I would apreciate if you do it yourself (or atleast try). no need for credit, even if you end up using mine

Attachments

• Priest2.mdx
    93.4 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.