• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Remove animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
theres a bug when they use the storm crow ability, the model plays the "submerge" animation and they go invisable (but the selection says their in the air)

so if they dont have the submerge animation, they wont use it when you click the storm crow ability
I'd try changing the ability animation names (in WE) to an animation other than Submerge. I'm guessing that'll work, so maybe you could give that a shot.

-ES

Level 7
I'd try changing the ability animation names (in WE) to an animation other than Submerge. I'm guessing that'll work, so maybe you could give that a shot.

-ES

the ability works fine for other units, only those specific 2 have the problem,

the only difference between them and the other units that i could think of was that those 2 have a submerge animation, so i was guessing that is interfeering with their ability to "morph" when they turn into the flying unit

(the only way i could get it to work for these 2 is by changing the model once it uses the spell)
but i need the unit in the air to be the same model as the one on the ground

Level 9
the ability works fine for other units, only those specific 2 have the problem,

the only difference between them and the other units that i could think of was that those 2 have a submerge animation, so i was guessing that is interfeering with their ability to "morph" when they turn into the flying unit

(the only way i could get it to work for these 2 is by changing the model once it uses the spell)
but i need the unit in the air to be the same model as the one on the ground
Well if you really feel that way I might remove them for you, it's not that hard though haha.

Level 7
I would appreciate it,
the thing is that the model isn’t supposed to play any animation at all when the spell is used, (just change into the new unit and go up in the air) that’s why I was surprised when they burrowed in the ground and went invisible -I was expecting them to work like the other units

Level 9
I would appreciate it,
the thing is that the model isn’t supposed to play any animation at all when the spell is used, (just change into the new unit and go up in the air) that’s why I was surprised when they burrowed in the ground and went invisible -I was expecting them to work like the other units
Then try making a trigger that when the ability is casted and the caster = naga, play animation stand.

Logically, that sounds like it'd work :p

Level 7
k so the unit is visable now when it casts the ability, but it still bugs out and dissapears if you want to move it after its in the air

when you move it it looks like its coming out of the ground and then just appears in the air, and dissapeares again when it stops moving (looks like it dives back into the ground)

the attachments on the unit are in the air, and the selection circle says its in the air, but the unit is invisable

Level 7
its just the regular storm crow spell

but instead of a bird the unit turns into a "mirror" hero with a hight of 800, and changes what the hero can attack

i dont have the model files but the names of the problem models are:

Naga Myrmidon
units\naga\NagaMyrmidon\NagaMyrmidon.mdl -path
Naga Royal Guard
units\naga\NagaRoyalGuard\NagaRoyalGuard.mdl -path

Attachments

• bugstick.jpg
    bugstick.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 105
Level 9
its just the regular storm crow spell

but instead of a bird the unit turns into a "mirror" hero with a hight of 800, and changes what the hero can attack

i dont have the model files but the names of the problem models are:

Naga Myrmidon
units\naga\NagaMyrmidon\NagaMyrmidon.mdl -path
Naga Royal Guard
units\naga\NagaRoyalGuard\NagaRoyalGuard.mdl -path
Do you mind getting me a clear picture of the top of that spell, where the animation paths and what not will be there?

thanks, ES

Edit: Kraken, that's what I was trying to get him to do :p

Level 7
heres a clearer picture of it

changing the animation name of the spell to stand will allow the unit to be seen while its casting, but as soon as it finishes casting the spell it goes back to being invisable.

and if what vegavak says is true, the only way around it is to get a model with that animation removed:

Storm crow morph uses the alternate animations of the unit.

The alternate animation of naga is burrow. Tough luck.

this spell works fine for the other units that dont have a burrow/submerge animation built into the model

spell11.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
I found your solution! :)

• Naga Morph
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Crow Form
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s stand animation
      • Animation - Remove the alternate animation tag to (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Naga FLY
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 0.70 seconds
          • Animation - Reset (Triggering unit)'s animation
        • Else - Actions
Just plug in this trigger and you should be all set.
It's all GUI so you should be able to find it all quite easily.
I'll explain it now:
I did the same thing as I did last time with the standing when casted, so it bumps out that Submerge/Spell anim from playing.
Next I set it to remove the "Alternate" tag since it's added to the unit as soon as that ability is cast. This will stop it from disappearing in a swim stand animation after it's in mid-air.
And finally, in the If/Then condition, I reset the unit's animation. This makes it so that when the flying Naga casts to descend, he won't go under the ground and pop back up at the end.

NOTE OF IMPORTANCE: Make sure you have that wait in there!!!!! If you do not, this trigger will not work!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.