• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remote mines in multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I would like to ask u about how to make remote mines with "detonate all" function similar to DOTA. All the problem is that they must me multiplayer friendly (multiinstance or how u call it:).

Don't want the whole spell/code just the main idea.

Thanks.

Level 16
Code: Unit starts the effect of an ability
Ability being cast equal to detonate

Actions
Pick every unit owned by owner of casting unit of type mine and order picked unit to Tauren Chieftain-- War Stomp

Just base detonate off war stomp so it will target itself as well

Level 1
So you mean like giving the "mine - unit" an ability "detonate - basicly war stomp of tauren" and when using "detonate all" you force all mines to cast that ability? It's looks quite handy cos' u can detonate mines in groups or just all at once.

But i dont understand how can war stomp kill the mines either, but i will use similar trigger as u mentioned for it and also add some nice special effects (flame pillars, etc).

Thanks i will try it tommorow.

Level 1
Ok guys, thank you, I made it by myself and its working fine, gotta test it in multiplayer ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.