• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] region move problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Level 29
ill give wat u suggested a try and im trying to make a plus sign tht randomly moves and kills anyone in the area i need one line to move vertical one to move horizontal ( i got tht to work ) i got the spec effects to work but i just cant get the region to move hopefully this will help if not ill repost on this for more help and if i get stuck mybe ill post a map on here

thanks for all ur help

Level 3
maybe if

Have you thought about making a dummy unit and having it walk (or fly whatever the case may be) at the speed you need and make it invisible using the dummy unit tutorials and using a "unit enters range" trigger instead? That way ittl move the way I think your describing it as.
You wouldn't need to change much, just create the effects at the unit instead of the region.

Hope it helps

Level 29
the effect is moving but the region isnt moving and i was thinking of making a dummy unit like tht w a range but tht was for another minigame i need something tht can kill something in a straight line basically so id either have to set up a lot of dummy units in a line w a unit in range of dummy unit event to get a line i was looking for a more efficient way i was hoping moving regions would be tht way if i have to tho i guess i could change it to many dummy units if anyway can think of a way to move a region or have something be able to kill in a straight line tht would be great thx

Level 29
i found a way to fix the one problem but another arose from it im using unit comes within range of a specific unit and if the unit is already in the range it doesnt kill him but if i wlk out of the range and the wlk back in it kills him any ideas how to fix this problem ?

i also gave everyone tht tried to help me rep

Level 3
edit

not quite what i ment, having one dummy unit should work.

on your region trigger just set it as unit enters range instead of enters region and have another trigger set up for the dummy unit to move, it should take just two triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.