• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Region centered on smth??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
[Raaaage]I dont understand what's so good about the triggers of SC2? Has some 10 line advanced triggers yet, no ****ing basic triggers! Where is

- Action - make unit damage area
- Action - Pick every unit in units in Region Centered at Position of Unit/Doodad/etc with Size etc..
- Units In range / Units within XXX of something???
- Random X unit/s from Unit Group
- Condition to check if units are WITHIN range of position of unit/place etc..
- Event Response - Random Unit from Units of Type/Units in Region
- such thing as Target Point of Ability or damaging area is a myth, so is weapons targeting ground

The Unit Groups options it has are just suxx. So rarely use-able things, around 50 triggers for Unit Waves bla bla bla as if one will make Hero Survival/ TDs all along and yet not the basic ones?? [/Raaaage]

I need to Pick every unit in units at position of Last created unit in XX range, exactly like the Region centered on position of Unit with Size.. Any1 knows how?

Level 1
Use a circular region instead of a squared one? Like this:

• Variable - Set UnitGroup = (Any units in (Region(TempPoint, 2.5)) owned by player Any Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)
1. Pick 'Units In Region Matching Condition'.
2. Set (Entire map) to 'Convert Circle To Region'.
3. Set (Point(0.0, 0.0)) to the position of your unit. (TempPoint in my case.)
4. Set 1.0 to your desired radius. (2.5 in my case.)
5. Feel free to adjust the conditions etc.

Should work.

Level 22
Mille25 there is no 'Unit group centered on point' if thats what u meant

Khlox, this trigger makes sense and seems to be the region centered on a unit, thank you. There are other things to do in order to check this trigger but it seems correct as it displays the Center =
reputation_smallpos.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.