• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Regenerate HP below 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I'm working on a mod for LotV, and one of the abilities I want to add to the Thor is an upgrade to make it regenerate heath when it is below 50% health(a-la the Mammoth Tank from C&C).

I don't know how to do ether of these things, though, and would very much appreciate some help making sense of the SC2 editor's utter gibberish of a data editor, thanks :infl_thumbs_up:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The data editor is very logical so creating what you want is a piece of cake. Give the Thor a new buff behaviour. This will not only provide the buff icon when regenerating (if wanted) but it will do the actual regeneration. Make the buff add some life regeneration under the stats it modifies.

Next you need a validator for if caster or target is below 50% life. Chances are one of these already exist as they are used by tactical AI. Link this validator in the buff's validators (disable) field. This will disable the buff when above 50% life and so stop healing.

Finally create a requirement similar to all other tech requirements such as used by stimpack. This requires that the upgrade be researched for use to be allowed. Link this in the Requirements field of the buff.

Finally give the Thor your buff. That is all that is needed.

Last edited:
Level 3
That worked, thanks!

I guess it's just a simple matter of not knowing where most of the tools I want to use are that's holding me back.

(that and I've been rather easily frustrated lately... :ogre_rage: ...oh well)

Status
Not open for further replies.