• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone,

After 9 months of working on this everyday, I am finally ready to reveal my work. Before I do, I would like to thank each and every one of you community members, past and present, who have asked questions, struggled, and sought answers. Without all the wealth of knowledge easily found by searching or asking questions, I could not have done this. Without further delay:

REFORGED TOURNAMENT

How it's played:

• You and your partner will share resources, called Credits, that can be spent either on Gold, Lumber, or Credits Per Kill(CPK). They can also be used to send out your Ship or Hauler to look for scrap parts.
  • Each round, you and your partner will fight other duo'd team's armies. The round winner will claim a corner as theirs, earning them +1 CPK. CPKS give additional Credits when your units secure kills. Credits are used to purchase Gold, Lumber, CPK, and Ship orders.
  • The last fight occurs in the middle, where all 4 teams will battle it out. The winner of this round secures +2 CPKS.
  • CPKS earned during rounds are not permanent. Loose your corner loose your CPK.
  • At the end of the middle round, all teams that lost have a chance of their castle being attacked by the winning team's army. Loose your castle and you loose the game. The last team with a castle standing wins.

PATHS AND UNITS:
  • Every unit is either classified as Basic or Advanced.
    • Basic units can be purchased by anyone, advanced can not.
  • To purchase advanced units, one needs to choose a path. There are four:
MECH FORCE

• Linear playstyle, they take the battle head on.
  • Durable and tough, they have increased health points and armor.
  • Low damage output compensates for their tankyness.
  • Healing capabilities that are limited only to other MECH units.
  • Strong versus SPELL POWER units, they are weak against BRUTE FORCE.
  • They specialize in Concussive explosives.
  • Reliant on using the Hauler to find material to make Mechs.

SPELL POWER

• Glass cannon of the branches, they make up for it with lethal spells.
  • Reliant on mana to be efficient, they're ability to sustain damage is limited.
  • Able to provide great auras and healings to ALL path units.
  • Combined with other branches, they bring powerful spell fusions.
  • Strong versus BRUTE FORCE, weak against MECH FORCE.
  • Able to customize spell's distance and power to better suit the fights.

BRUTE FORCE:

• First to the fight, they aren't afraid to rush into combat.
  • Highest natural attack damage of the branches, they have limited directed damage abilities.
  • The longer the battle, the stronger they grow. Both dying and killing benefits the army.
  • Advanced A.I. maneuverability such as special targeting, hit-n-runs, and leaving combat when injured.
  • Strong versus MECH FORCE, weak against SPELL POWER.
  • They speciliaze in both wide Crowd Control stuns and Knock-Up forces.

SUMMONERS:

• Lovers of nature, they have many beasts that will aid them in battle.
  • Able to bring forth massive army sizes in short time, overpowering in numbers.
  • Skilled in many arts, each beast and trainer have their own abilities.
  • While flexible, they have limited Crowd Control and healing abilities.
  • Summoners deal 100% damage to all branches, receive 90% back, but are punished by 200% increased damage received by piercing units.
  • Can adapt to a partner's branch, increasing their branch's special upgrade.
  • Their units cost extra food to feed the beasts.

Upgrades, Abilities, and Towers:

• Each Path has it owns special unique upgrades that benefit the entire army.
    • The A.I. will control all unit's abilities.
  • Each Path also comes with its special tower. This tower comes with its own upgradeable abilities and is controlled by the player if their castle is being attacked.
  • No tower has the same abilities, and they all come with their own separate strength's and weaknesses.
  • During a castle defense, defending players vision is at tower level for realism.
  • Upgrades are near limitless and grow exponentially expensive, forcing players to choose their playstyle carefully.
PATH FIELD ABILITIES:
  • Field abilities are abilities that the player can use during any round, including castle attacks.
  • Field abilities are mana-generated. Mana is gained by units acquiring kills.
  • Each Path has three field abilities: one basic, one advanced, and one ultimate.
SHIPS AND HAULERS
  • Every player has a Ship, but only the MECH FORCE path has a Hauler.
  • The ship can be sent out for 30 Credits.
  • The ship will scour the sea, looking for things to bring path. Along with scrap-grades (free upgrades like attack and health points to the whole army), they ship can also bring back Discoverable units that have their own unique abilities. Units range from common, rare, epic and legendary. Apart from units, the ship is also able to find legendary perks for your path's unit's abilities. The ship also brings in resources such as gold, lumber, credits, and even CPKS!
    • FAIR WARNING: The ship is entirely random in its quest for you. There is a chance, however slight, that it may never return to port.
  • Haulers are only for the MECH FORCE path. They comb the waters looking for old metals, woods, and hulls to build their units.
YOUR TEAMS CASTLE:
  • Without a castle, there is no reason to fight. Loosing it will mean the end of the game for both you and your partner.
  • Upgrades for the castle are important but pricey.
  • Peons can be trained to repair the castle, but only so often.
  • Destroying an enemies castle will grant your team +100 Credits and a permanent 1 CPK. Destroy all team's castles to achieve victory.

IS THIS READY TO PLAY?
  • Yes, it is. The date to playtest for balance and bugs will start on Monday-Friday from 1-6 (CST). Join me at my discord to que up with me and find a partner: Join the Reforged Tournament Discord Server!
  • You can also add me on US East: IamFierce
  • An official website has been started to ensure everyone has the newest patched map: Reforged Tournament

See you on the battlefield partners.​

Last edited:
Level 39
I get that Blood Tournament traditionally doesn't, but this would really benefit from some interesting terrain; there is a lot of wasted space in the battle lanes and it frankly looks boring. I think you should go ham with the doodads and destructibles. Perhaps give different parts of the battle area themes. You could even generate it with SFX so there are no pathing implications, though it's my opinion that you could use regular doodads and destructibles just fine without making the lanes imbalanced.

You could also put stuff in the unreachable areas outside of the lanes. What about a huge mob of peasants watching the battles from a series of bleachers/raised terraces?

Level 4
Yes, the terrain I need to spend time on. The waters beyond the map do features terrain for the ships, but the battlefield is pretty plain-Jane. I think I can tackle that tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback @Pyrogasm

I like the idea of a huge mob of peasants that perhaps can be hit by projectiles, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.