• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

reflect attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi guys i need help with reflecting attacks.
I made a mage hero with range attack fireball.
Then i wanted to make skill that if hero will learn he will attack on multiple targets as Huntress.
lvl 1 - 2 reflects
lvl 2 - 3 reflects
lvl 3 - 4 reflects, so on max level, my hero should attack 4 targets
but how can i make spell like this
Please help me guys you are really smart so it is very easy for you

Level 5
The multibounce attack is based off of upgrades, so you're going to have to toy around with dummy spells and upgrades. However, the problem is that you'll only be allowed to have one unit with this, otherwise the upgrades will conflict.

1) in the object editor, set your mage hero's "Combat- Attack - Weapon Type" to "Missle (Bounce)". Then, set the "Combat - Attack - Max number of targets" to 1.

2) go to the upgrades tab in object editor, and copy and paste the nightelf glaive upgrade. Just rename a new one to multibounce or something so it doesnt conflict with the original upgrade. Under "Stats - Levels", change it to 3. You can tweak aroudn with the number of bounces at "Data- Effect 1 - Attack Target count bonus"

3) Go back to the hero, and under "Techtree- Upgrades used" add the multibounce one.

4) Create a dummy skill that's simply a tooltip holder.

5) Create a trigger:

• Multibounce upgrade thing
    • Events
      • Unit - a unit learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned hero skill) is equal to "your amazing multibounce skill"
    • Actions
      • --------- you'll need a jass script here to upgrade for the player. I'm not good at jass, so if anyone else can help?

The multibounce attack is based off of upgrades, so you're going to have to toy around with dummy spells and upgrades. However, the problem is that you'll only be allowed to have one unit with this, otherwise the upgrades will conflict.

1) in the object editor, set your mage hero's "Combat- Attack - Weapon Type" to "Missle (Bounce)". Then, set the "Combat - Attack - Max number of targets" to 1.

2) go to the upgrades tab in object editor, and copy and paste the nightelf glaive upgrade. Just rename a new one to multibounce or something so it doesnt conflict with the original upgrade. Under "Stats - Levels", change it to 3. You can tweak aroudn with the number of bounces at "Data- Effect 1 - Attack Target count bonus"

3) Go back to the hero, and under "Techtree- Upgrades used" add the multibounce one.

4) Create a dummy skill that's simply a tooltip holder.

5) Create a trigger:

• Multibounce upgrade thing
    • Events
      • Unit - a unit learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned hero skill) is equal to "your amazing multibounce skill"
    • Actions
      • --------- you'll need a jass script here to upgrade for the player. I'm not good at jass, so if anyone else can help?

almost right, one thing only: YOU DONT NEED A JASS SCRIPT TO UPGRADE FOR A SPECIFIC PLAYER... GUI CAN DO IT...

-CORRECT ME IF I"M WRONG ABOUT THE TEXT BELOW-
it seems that you need to use the Moon Glaive ability(or any copy/edit based on it) as the dummy ability or else the attack still wont bounce(at least it seems that way the last time I tried to do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.