• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Referring to the caster unit on a unit that died under a debuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I know the title might look a bit unclear, so let me straighten it out

I made a spell that places a debuff (based off faerie fire)
If the target unit dies under said debuff, it creates a dummy unit belonging to the killer unit (buffs and debuffs are wiped on death so i had to use a damage detection system for this) and the dummy unit casts a custom version of Roar

The problem with this is that the dummy unit belongs to whoever kills the unit, and so the roar benefits whoever kills it. I added a condition of 'killed unit belongs to an enemy of owner of killing unit', however this still doesn't solve all issues, since if the unit is killed by a creep or a third player, you don't get the buff.

In short, I want the dummy unit to belong to the caster unit. I was thinking of creating another trigger in which it detects when someone casts that spell and then using a variable to refer to the caster, but then it wouldn't be MUI

Is there a way around this? Another alternative I thought was base the spell of the 'Parasite' spell and use the event 'Player summons an unit'

Level 3
Ok, thanks anyway for answering
gonna have to learn about them hashtables and indexers

Level 11
Indexers are really easy to use. If you're using a damage detection system it probably already comes with an indexer.

Status
Not open for further replies.