• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Red Conculyst

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Made an icon from @Blood Raven
's Conculyst red.
Feel free to modify and use as long as you give credits, also I'd like to thank @Blood Raven
Contents

Red Conculyst (Icon)

I made the handle like that to focus on the blade, but I guess it got wrong.
Photoshop is what I use btw,

Hmmm I was gonna recommend you to use Paint.Net it is good to create icons cause it allows you to see the icon in it's icon size as you draw the big pic. It lacks some of the tools photoshop has but runs quickly and is fairly good (and free to use).

Level 50
Nice icon, here is my advice.
Background's red color choice as effect on blade is not quite good, your goal is to get viewer focused on blade and with red repetition blade is just too flat in overall. If you want red effect give it more subtle appearance, see how wow axes icons do theirs backgrounds. Increase shading, add shadows on lower side. I would highlight tops of those red lines on the surface of blade and give more shadow on their endings. You could also try moving it bit to left so that handle can be recognizable part. Also choose light source. Blade is mostly just black colored so once source of light is determined you can play with altering this as well. If you don't mind, here is how I would edit it through:
BTNb.png

Level 24
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind, well probably I just realized that icons of WoW are much more brighter, sharper and more feel of attention to all its parts.
Mine on the other hand, came from my concept making style is much lacking, so again thanks ^^
Perhaps next time, I think I'll go for a much more sharper look than detailing too much.

Nice icon, here is my advice.
Background's red color choice as effect on blade is not quite good, your goal is to get viewer focused on blade and with red repetition blade is just too flat in overall. If you want red effect give it more subtle appearance, see how wow axes icons do theirs backgrounds. Increase shading, add shadows on lower side. I would highlight tops of those red lines on the surface of blade and give more shadow on their endings. You could also try moving it bit to left so that handle can be recognizable part. Also choose light source. Blade is mostly just black colored so once source of light is determined you can play with altering this as well. If you don't mind, here is how I would edit it through:
btnb-png.249752

You mean something like this? :v remade
btnb-png.249752
redbleh-png.249770

Last edited:
murcologist's post is pretty much spot on.

i like the angle you've used very much so, but the dark part of the blade needs much more highlights. the colour of the patterns could also be slightly differentiated to better separate blade from background, as you can see in murcologist's and darkfang's touch-ups.
set to awaiting update for now.