• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruitment: Altered Melee Pseudo RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Project currently codenamed: SC2 Pseudo RPG
Genre: Altered Melee

The objective of this project is to recreate the melee style that WC3 uses; a sort of integrated RTS/RPG gameplay.

Things to make: Heroes, Spells, Items, Creeps, a modified Tech-Tree, low Supply limits, make units have large health pools and low damage, and increase the effectiveness of counters.

For the modified Tech-Tree, I'll need to setup 3 tiers for the town halls: Command Center can morph into Orbital Command, and then into Planetary Fortress.
I'll remove the calldown: mule nonsense, Queens, and chrono boosts. 6 workers on gas and 7 on minerals should be the optimal amounts to keep resources sustained and stay under upkeep limits. Gas wont really need to be changed, but minerals will need to become more efficient.

Units should be slightly bigger, and take longer to kill. Just like in WC3, you'll want to use your "pro micro skillz" to keep that grunt-->marine alive.

Blizzard gave me the resources I need already to make heroes, and a WC3-like inventory system.

What I need help with: working out tech-tree details, hero spells, icons, item spells, creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.