• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting for campaign - need artists|modelers|terrain etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The Order of the Tower
Dark days are upon us…

As Morinaurd falls into ruin, a new organization comes to power. This group call themselves The Eternal Rain. They are a group of highly trained and powerful renegade wizards. No one is sure of who their leader is, but it is said to be a magician of immense power and mystery.

Little does this concern Tevan, a young man who knows naught his past, but he is about to be swept into a world of danger, deceit, and magic. His father, Duvar reveals that in Tevan’s veins runs the blood of the Silverbanes, an ancient and noble family. This family was once the governing body of magic in Morinaurd, but when the King was assassinated, they were forced to flee. Duvar tells Tevan that he is not the boy’s father, but Tevan is the son of Tordan Silverbane, the last High Mage of Morinaurd. Duvar tells Tevan that he is the last hope for saving Morinaurd and defeating the Eternal Rain. Duvar unveils a magical sword that once belonged to Tordan, and gives it to Tevan.

With this, Duvar tells Tevan that he must leave his home and travel across many wild lands to meet with Kirdaron, one of the last wizards who hasn’t joined the Eternal Rain. Kirdaron and his few pupils abide in the White Tower far to the north. Tevan decides that, if this is true, he must do what he can to save Maorinaurd from the Eternal Rain, but as he and Duvar prepare to leave, a band of renegade wizards the pair, and Duvar is slain. Tevan does not understand why he was left alive, but he decides, that he must save Morinaurd, now even more for Duvar’s sake.

So Tevan embarks on a perilous journey to the White Tower, where he will receive training from Kirdaron, and then destroy the Eternal Rain. He doesn’t know what dangers lie ahead of him, but he must face them, whatever the cost…

The Order of the Tower is a 3 part RPG/campaign I plan on making, hopefully with the help of many others. The first part will take you with Tevan on his journey to the White Tower. The Second Part will follow Tevan on his training through many different places and challenges. In the Third Part you must finally face the Eternal Rain and Mystwalker to bring a much needed peace to Morinaurd.

Part One will most likely be more of a campaign than an RPG since your main goal is to reach the White Tower. Part Two will be more free and RPGish. You’ll get to go into many different places in order to become an accomplished wizard and warrior. Part Three will also be free, but you will still have the main quest of defeating the Eternal Rain.

How the Game Will Work (hopefully)
At the beginning of Part One, you will have a set amount of “spells” which are really just combat actions that Tevan can perform. As you gain experience and level up, you can get better abilities. Once you reach the White Tower and begin your training (Part Two), you will start to get magical abilities. To get these you have to embark on journeys to distant places and retrieve a magical item, or kill some boss monster. From this point on most spells will be in the form of “spellbook abilities” for organization and so that you can have more than 6 spells. Throughout the game Tevan will be able to switch between his sword and his bow. I will try to make it so that some spells are only available when in bow form and vice versa. By Part Three you’ll have a full set of abilities in order to fight the Eternal Rain.

Camera and movement- I’m tinkering with a 3rd person camera, but not sure if it will be used yet. Also you will have the option of using the arrow keys to move.

I will most likely use movable, invulnerable units as “backpacks”. I’m trying to make it so that when you press ESC they appear and then they disappear when you press ESC again. If you would like more info on how the game will work plz ask.

What I Need From You
In order to make this work and make my dream become a reality I will need help from numerous types of people in numerous ways. Here’s a list of what I need:

World Editors
-Triggerer: To help me out when I can’t find out how to work triggers and so forth. I’m alright with trigs, but not the best
-Terrainer: To terrain most of the maps. I will give you an outline of how I want a place to look, then you make it happen. I will most likely change some things, but my terraining is below-average at best.

3D Artists
-Modeler/Animator: To… model and animate. I really need a model I can use for Tevan, and I would like it to have a very wide variety of animations. I would also love other special character models. For more info just ask.

Photoshope Artists
-2D Art Renderer: To fix up and polish 2D art to use for loading screens and stuff. I will also probably have a map to do.
-Skinner: To skin custom models and stuff

Sound
-Voice Actors: To fully voice Tevan for gameplay and for cinematics, and voice other characters. For more info just ask and stuff.
-Song Writer/Composer: This is not really necessary, but it would be nice to have.

2DArtists
I will be doing a lot of the 2D art myself, but it would not hurt to have others.
-Landscape Artist: Turn my visions into art, this will help terrainers also
-Character Artist: Not necessary, but would be nice to have

Other Jobs
-Ability Designer: To help create spells and abilities
-Character Designer: Not necessary, but would be nice to add more flavor to characters and make them more realistic.
-World Designer: Help make the world of the game more flavorful and real. I will have a map, but its always open for additions. World Designers also help with what kind of people run what kind of places etc.
-Feature Designer: Give ideas for exciting features to add to tOotT

All people who help out will most likely get to play and view stuff before others. You name will also be in the credits.

So that’s my big idea. I really need a lot of people to make this happen, but I think it will be pretty cool if we get it to work. I am open to any and all suggestions, ideas, questions, and whatever else you deem necessary.

Progress
- The camera is almost finished, just needs some smoothing out
- world designing has begun
- The Wildlands playable demo is being terrained

right now OotT is being hosted at http://www.fulgrim.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=150

Level 2
If your interested just head to the website, we need more people. Check out the "ability creation" and "tevan silverbane" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.