• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recolour of the shimmering Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hey guys ,

i was thinking about my map, and then i wanted to make my cutscene:
A guy is coming back to his village ... through a Portal, directly from Northrend.
And then i thought the shimmering Portal has to be light blue, that you know:
oh wow ... hes comin from a very very cold somewhere ( with little freezing effects at the bottom).

At least i just want a recolor for the shimmering Portal.
would be awesome if someone could do this for me ^^

ty

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You can recolor it from the editor if you make it a unit. Just edit the RGB colors.

Level 4
i know the thing with the recolor in the editor ... but it does not look like a light blue,
at least it doesnt matter anymore ... cause i know noone want to do this .

So i decided to recolor ingame and i tried to attach a frost effect into the middle of the gate (because the middle is still purple). But i dont know how to get the effect into the middle of the gate ... because i dont know how to attach to a doodad

Last edited:
Level 4
no it isnt permanent ... i wanted to create it after an event and it will be removed after 10 secs.
and i tried to make it as an unit but i cant get the attachment to the middle of the portal (it isnt anywere)
oh and ty for the hint with the strg+up/down didnt know that ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.