• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model request: Town portal (map progress supplied)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Stay a while, and listen....

I am currently adding finishing touches to the next version of my diablo 2 map, which can be seen from the off link in my sig. The map is finished and released but I must finish the core engine of the game without bugs or visual deficiencies before I make act 2.

I recquire a better town portal model, currently I am using the 'mass teleport' effect and it looks a bit lame. I tried 'shimmering portal' too but the outer gems and the width is unsuitable.

So if someone could make a model of this I would be very happy, not to mention rep of course. An image is here,

portal.gif

The model would need the following
- be narrower than the shimmering portal model
- a birth animation of the portal expanding from nothing
- a stand animation of the edges glowing
- no death animation is needed as the portal is removed
- have a miasmic glow around the border
- be the right color roughly
- possibly be a bit transparent, i could do that with ethereal though
- be less than 100 kb

Any help appreciated

Level 7
diablo 1 tp ^^nice and i hope this D2 aint just like those other noob ones like battling against in team with few heroes and you can go kill bosses whenever you want -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.