• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rapid Zerg Evolution TD

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
HAVE FIXED BUGS!

This map is a linear Tower defense ( meaning that the waves are increasing by the same amount each time) done with triggers. Every second zergling spawns with more move speed and life than the previous zergling. Can pick from either human or orcish.

Map by Hawk900. Models by Blizzard.

Keywords:
Td, Tower Defense, Tower, Zergling, Zerg, Starcraft, Alien
Contents

Rapid Zerg Evolution TD (Map)

Reviews
15:42, 14th Aug 2008 Firelord213: I'm Rejecting because: 1)No one wants to sit and play a game where you must kill 10.000 creeps, It's just not fun. 2)There's no upgrades for the towers and that makes it Very boring. 3)The tool tips are...

M

15:42, 14th Aug 2008
Firelord213:
I'm Rejecting because:
1)No one wants to sit and play a game where you must kill 10.000 creeps, It's just not fun.

2)There's no upgrades for the towers and that makes it Very boring.

3)The tool tips are horrible, They give no information about the towers.

4) The game needs MUCH more features.Not only Build&kill

5)Fix the grammatical errors like ''Choose Race Human or Orcish''.It's Orc..

Level 2
You should try to be a little more descriptive with your tool tips. Add a greater variety of towers. The zerglings don't stay on the paths. Energy towers overpowered. Not very original set of towers. Scraping towers doesn't work. Also, after 1000 waves I didn't win, and the ling health didn't rise, so I just quit. :thumbs_down:

Level 24
Hmmm, Ok thanks for the feedback. About the 1000 waves thing I didn't think that it was necessary to add a defeat condition just so you can say that you have won. Once you reach 1000 waves the game does not get harder and you can just quit. I will see about balancing the towers and make Scrap work though. . .

Additional Note:

-Will not be adding different types of units because that is kinda the point of the game. . . (sorry)

Last edited:
Level 2
You could also make drones come first then lings then hydras then ultras through the 1000 waves. It's kinda boring to kill the same thing over and over.

Nice map :)
I enjoy playing maps of this kind, you should add to the description of the towers: tauren, grom, grunt, that they are melee and creeps shouldn't be able to walk true them.
The fire towers have too low prise. And instead of -orcish, make it -orc , easyer to type :)
Hero17 has a point.
Maybe make levels non ending, the player will lose in the end, but that way it will be more interesting and players can race, who will get to the highest level.

Level 24
The avatar. . . The thing that I did.

Step 1) Download GIMP. (Gnu image manipulation program.)

Step 2) Create a 2d image with your name on it.

Step 3) Go to filters animation create spinning sphere

Step 4) Resize image to 100X100.

Step 5) Upload to Hive

Step 6) Enjoy your shiny new avatar!

Reccomend changing to 30 frames per second!

I can make the sell ability easily by just classifing the buildings as undead! This will work fine. (although I suppose it is on the builder. . .)

Thanks for the help everyone.

Level 24
Maybe. . .

Pretty soon there will be a new version with some work by Bobo_The_Kodo added in.

New Version Bonuses:

-Creeps spawn in both directions along the paths
-Creeps stay on the paths
-Stackable Towers
-100,000 levels
-Tower Fixes
-Added "Undead" and "Night Elf" as races.

This is going to take a little while as first I need to get Bobo to email me the new version . New races are going to be completed by Drak Zelthor

Level 7
needs a lot more things... (Tooltips, Multiboard, new towers...) But the game idea is great!