• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Randomizing messages using Integers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj_

kj_

Level 5
Simple thread
Where can I find that actions or whatever where it displays a text to a player out of other text it chooses randomly between them
I can't find it
Like If I click a peasant it will show a text and I click him again he will show something else and then randomize between the strings or whatever
Can someone tell me where to find this?
help apprec
+rep if help
:hohum:
~kj_

Level 6
just replace insert variables with variable of you choice using array of string variable in the last instance.
You have to set the string array variable before the trigger turns on with 10 custom strings.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to insertunithere
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: inserttextvariablehere[(Random integer number between 1 and 10)]
need anymore help with this pm me

Last edited:

kj_

kj_

Level 5
Ok well this is how my trigger looks
  • Speech
    • Events
      • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mercenaries
      • Actions
    • Set Mercanarie[1] = (Interger(Good day, blah blah))
    • Set Mercanarie[2] = (Interger(sfsgy, blah blah))
    • Set Mercanarie[1] = (Interger(gfgfd day, blah blah))
    • Game - Display to (Triggering player), at offset (0.00, 0.00) for 30 seconds the text: (String(Mercenarie[(Random integer number between 1 and 3))))
Ok here is the attachment this is the response I get , did I do something wrong :p
Edit: Note @ Moderators : I deleted my post , so he didn't technically double post.

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 90
Level 16
Make one string array.
  • Speech
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mercenaries
    • Actions
      • Set String[1] = Good day
      • Set String[2] = Fine weather, no?
      • Set String[3] = A beautiful day!
      • Game - Display to (Triggering player), at offset (0.00, 0.00) for 30 seconds the text: String[(Random integer number between 1 and 3)]

Reactions: kj_
Status
Not open for further replies.