• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Randomize!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well I want to make 3 random things but I need help:
1.I want to make the random unit trainable so every time you train a unit it appears another unit;
2.I want to be able to build random building so you don't really know what you build;
3.I want heroes to be able to cast random spells so onetime he casts charm sometimes he casts anything else.
Get the ideea? Is this possible?

Level 21
I don't get the usefulness of this, but whatever...

This is how I would do it... (I'm quite sure it could be done easier, but whatever...)

1) Event: A unit finishes training a unit
condition: unit type of unit equal to 'Random Unit baracks"
Action:
Kill trained unit
wait 0,01 second
Create 1 "random level 21 creep unit type" for owner of triggering unit at possition of triggering unit facing random angle

Make all units that can be randomly trained by that building level 21 and creep. (you'll have to change the maximum unit level to 21 in gameplay constants. If there are more races that can randomly make other units, you'll have to change that level to 22, 23, and so on)

I've no idea how logical this trigger is, however, it might work this way...

2) don't know how to do this... You might wanna try it the same way as the 1th thing...

3) copy the ability (or just change it...) "Spell Book", activate the 'ability - hero ability', deactivate 'item ability', add all kind of abilities to it, change 'maximum and minimum spells' to the number of abilities you took. Now give the ability to the hero.
You could make additional "spell book" spells containing other random spells. Like much better spells, but this spell can only be learned at level 6... If you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.