• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Random Creeps not so Random

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello there community. I am Dendoris, I just created an account now because now I started to work on my 1st WC3 map and I face a problem.

For now, I'm at that level where I create the enviroment and " program " it.

The problem I am facing is, when I want to create creep camps that are random on south side of the river, when I load the map in WC3, add the AI, start it, all the camps have the exact creeps.

What I want is the level of camps to be the same but different creeps in every camp but I can't manage to do so.

I am attaching the map in hope that someone can help me.
Also, a side note, I want to make trees not to be cut off, how can I make the trees not to be cutted down when human, orc and undead workers harvest wood ( and also shredder ).

Attachments

• Beta.w3x
    114 KB · Views: 77
Level 12
The tree problem can be fixed by making them have a lot of HP (i'm pretty sure)
And the random creeps might be due to you starting the game from the Editor itself , I found that things aren't random when you launch in Editor (Or maybe it as singleplayer, havent messed around with it in a while)

I'll edit this post if I find anything useful.

Level 1
The tree problem can be fixed by making them have a lot of HP (i'm pretty sure)
And the random creeps might be due to you starting the game from the Editor itself , I found that things aren't random when you launch in Editor (Or maybe it as singleplayer, havent messed around with it in a while)

I'll edit this post if I find anything useful.

The thing is, when you start the map on singleplayer and you make it being visible or enter the cheat " iseedeadpeople " you can clearly see that the creeps are not so random. All the camps have the same creeps, that's the problem. It should be a little diverse.

Level 1
You have to create a different creep group for each creep camp. Currently, you only have "South Easy Group", and that's why they always spawn the same. Click "Add Group" and create as many groups as you have creep camps, rename them as you want, and then add them to the corresponding creep camps on the map.

I was thinking at that but it seems like a lot of work for this kind of purpose. I tought that this is an easy way and creeps will just be random.

Level 1
It's not that hard, there are much harder and more time-consuming things in mapping. You've got to make some effort if you want to create good maps.

No problem mate, it will be done. I think the map now looks promising for people who downloaded it so far.

Alok, I've met another problem. If you go to Unit Editor, you will see that a lot of units are edited.
The problem is, I did no editing to units so far but they are there, I don;t know how it happen but I want the units back, I want everything from there undone.

What are my options? Currently I am editing back every unit to it's original value but it is very time consuming and it takes alot since there are a lot of units where I need to change a lot of values back to " vanilla " .

Is there an automatic proccess or some sort?

Level 15
You based your map on the Monolith map, you started from it, that's why they are customised. Monolith has the same customised units.
To fix it faster, you can right-click directly on the unit in the Object Editor and click Reset Selected Unit To Defaults. It will automatically reset every value of that unit to defaults. This also works for other things in the Object Editor, like spells, doodads, items, etc, if you have them customised too.

Level 1
You based your map on the Monolith map, you started from it, that's why they are customised. Monolith has the same customised units.
To fix it faster, you can right-click directly on the unit in the Object Editor and click Reset Selected Unit To Defaults. It will automatically reset every value of that unit to defaults. This also works for other things in the Object Editor, like spells, doodads, items, etc, if you have them customised too.

Yea, I found the way.

Also, one more thing, can I ask you for feedback on the map so far?
My plan is to make a Monolith like map but with more heroes and different units for creeps, adding merc camps, some shops, some events ( where are the mushroom, there will be a wisp that will give some powerfull items here and there ), and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.