• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Raising Flag on Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am currently working on a medieval themed map and i searched quite long for a custom flag model with a birth animation that raises the flag on a pole and where the flag color is replaceable.

My actual problem is, i want to capture settlements. Units standing nearby slowly takes over the place.
My solution would be something like this:
  • Check units in range, only units of one player nearby, THEN
  • Change color of flag to owner of those units nearby
  • Upgrade flag to an flag, automatically using the birth animation
  • EVENT upgrade finished, settlement now belongs to owner of the flag

Level 15
Changing flag color can easily be done by change owner of the flag, if the flag uses team color.
Upgrade flag to an flag, automatically using the birth animation
That can work too. But what if another player kill your unit on mid way? The flag need to go down first, then change flag color and go up again.
I never try this, maybe set animation speed to negative will play animation backward. If its possible it will make things better.

Unless, you want to allow other player to steal your flag progress, so it only need to change color and still going up. Or, you want to make the flag suddenly dissapear and start the process again. Not immersive Xd

Level 3
Hm yes sounds a bit tricky, the case that a player can kill units mid way should be covered.
I also had another idea to make it a flying unit, if i remember correctly you can alter its flying height via art/ animation events. Have to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.