• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Race Conquest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I stopped working on this map very long ago, but I thought I had put too much work to just toss it away, so I finished the tooltips, quests and descriptions so it could be playable on battle-net.

This is a risk/strategy map, You choose what race you want to be before you start. There are 4 races: Furbolgs and Night elves - Undeads - Dragons and Golems - Trolls and Gnolls.
You start with a semi buildt base, you cant build any buildings, but you can do "quests" to improve your base. Soldiers are gotten through quests and events, but mostly through researching. If you for example research Lesser skeleton warriors, You will gain 3 skeleton warriors and 2 skeleton warriors every 2min, until the tower that researched this tech gets destroyed.

If a hero dies on this map, he stays dead, so keep him alive.

I have not taken time to hotkey every spell, sorry.
Also, very little fun for people who like to play singleplayer maps, sorry.
This map is NOT protected, feel free to make better versions, but do give me credit.

// Made by Ripoff // Inspired by Panther-Anthro's map - Conflict of sereg D'or

This map is not dead for those few who downloaded it, I decided to take it up again.
Changelog from 1.0 - 1.1
Added a few hotkeys, not all still.
Made Furbolg base and Undead base less impenetrable.
Added a second base for Dragons and golems, and another building for furbolgs (That includes several extra units.
Re balanced some stats on several units.
Changed terrain more.

Comments or tips would be nice=)

Keywords:
risk, conquest, race, furbolgs, trolls, undead, night elf, strategy
Contents

Race Conquest (Map)

Reviews
20:30, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: Septimus gave more then enough reasons to see this map rejected such as bad coding that causes lag overtime. Thus Rejected.

M

20:30, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Septimus gave more then enough reasons to see this map rejected such as bad coding that causes lag overtime. Thus Rejected.

Level 9
[] Map can become good, if you'll fix triggers and add new things.
[] Chat commands (like "-show stone") don't work
[] Pan camera to units in game start
[-] Leaks
[-] Very bad triggers
[-] Many extra triggers

Level 6
[] Map can become good, if you'll fix triggers and add new things.
[] Chat commands (like "-show stone") don't work
[] Pan camera to units in game start
[-] Leaks
[-] Very bad triggers
[-] Many extra triggers

Thanks for your comment, am really gratefull some1 actually bothered to comment this.

Show stone dont work? I will double check that.
Pan camera, smart, will add that!
Leaks? yeah... am a noob, will have to learn to clean up those=/
Except from the leaks, you can say it was bad triggers, causs they couldnt be more simplified.

Edit: I just checked, -Show stone works fine. Incase you didn't know it only works for teal(player 3 - Dragons and golems).

Level 31
1) The terrain is fine in a few aspect, but I think you use shrub in a massive amount and most of it been place randomly, making the forest look rather ugly. It is always recommend not to have too many to make it look bad and too little or none won't make it good either.
2) Lot's of defective coding with memory leak, most of it have repetitive trigger and yet it leak while the other could be optimize for better performance.

Also, do not use Do -Nothing action. It is useless action that called another action that does partically nothing. It only been use when you are using If/Then/Else in single function.

3) You finish tooltips ? Nah, I do not think so. I check it through World Editor and found out a lot of doesn't have proper hotkey at all.

1/5 rating from me and mini-mod vote was REJECTED

Level 6
1) The terrain is fine in a few aspect, but I think you use shrub in a massive amount and most of it been place randomly, making the forest look rather ugly. It is always recommend not to have too many to make it look bad and too little or none won't make it good either.
2) Lot's of defective coding with memory leak, most of it have repetitive trigger and yet it leak while the other could be optimize for better performance.

Also, do not use Do -Nothing action. It is useless action that called another action that does partically nothing. It only been use when you are using If/Then/Else in single function.

3) You finish tooltips ? Nah, I do not think so. I check it through World Editor and found out a lot of doesn't have proper hotkey at all.

1/5 rating from me and mini-mod vote was REJECTED

Sorry, dont agree at all.
Leaking triggers causs so little lag since my map has food limits and only 4 players avaible.
The terrain reviews I have gotten are pretty much at top, so I doubt there is anything wrong there. Wondering if u have looked out the window, into the forest.. What do u see? grass? shrub? everywhere? Who would've thought=/

And If u read, all the tooltips are finished except from some hotkeys, and if u read the changelog, I AM working on it.

Thats a pretty harsh review I must say, not saying anything I can improve except tooltips/terrain

Edit: removed all "Do nothings".
Removing and cleaning up some over used shrubs, will upload the updated map later on.

Level 31
Leaking triggers causs so little lag since my map has food limits and only 4 players avaible.

The lag would be getting to be more worst if the gameplay is getting longer. So, having a leak is rather a bad thing especially when the trigger is repetitive. Thus, having a food limit and only 4 player doesn't mean anything, even a single player map could be lagging due to memory leak.

The terrain reviews I have gotten are pretty much at top, so I doubt there is anything wrong there. Wondering if u have looked out the window, into the forest.. What do u see? grass? shrub? everywhere? Who would've thought=/

If you are asking opinion from the expert terrainer and they said it was good, then it is alright. But, if you are asking opinion from the public where most of it doesn't even know how to terrain. I suggest you to ask again.

Thats a pretty harsh review I must say, not saying anything I can improve except tooltips/terrain

Rofl, you obviously doesn't know what is really a harsh review yet. Nevermind, you would know it in the future.

Level 6
Cant you just say SOMETHING good? something that was rather good but I could improve?
Getting a 1/5 because of leaks and lacking hotkeys is rather.. weird

Moderaters are supposed to help people make BETTER maps, not demoralize them and crush their maps christ=/
Your not here to say "This was a fucking bad map"
Your here to rather say "This map was Not good, here are positive things and things you can improve"

Last edited:
Level 31
That is what we been trying to do.
Telling you the main flaw of the map is to encourage you to fix it and to make it better.

Those who give you a critique of "Omg, good map", "5/5", "Excellent" and etc etc are those who likely doesn't give any helpful contribution at all. If the map worth to be praise, it would get it or else it won't get it, it's that simple.

Leak are rather serious issue unless you are making a single player cinematic map, which are fine as long as the cinematic doesn't lag. But, making a multiplayer map with leak are rather risky thing to do.

At here, sometimes you could get compliment and sometimes you won't depending on who review it. Senior member or experience map maker usually give a rather strict critique about it.

But, all of us who give a harsh critique usually only have 1 intention and that is to make you be a better mapper and not to discourage you.

I am not a person who give it a 1/5 just because I do not like the gameplay or storyline, I give it depends on trial and error of the map unlike some user who rate it due to gameplay, fun or storyline.