• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I hate to be an arse and ask such a simple question, but what is the script used at the end of a trigger to destroy that trigger? I have scanned through numerous tutorials and couldn't find it, and I will admit I am too lazy to read through them all thoroughly looking for it. Is it (call DestroyTrigger ((GetTriggeringTrigger))) or something like that? That is literally the only JASS I ever knew, and I forgot it :ugly: Thanks in advance :thumbs_up:

Level 11
Hold your horses! (ahahaha, sorry)
Go to GUI trigger editor. Create this trigger in GUI then go to : Edit / Convert to Custom Text.
And there it is. You can convert EVERYTHING to custom text from GUI.

That is quite possibly the worst advice ever.

The GUI uses a lot of useless and poorly written blizzard.j functions. Simply using the functions that the GUI does is just stupid, and partially defeats the purpose behind not using the GUI.

If you want to find a function fast, download JASS NewGen. It has a function finder along with syntax highlighting for the trigger editor. (And oh so much more...)

Level 17
That is quite possibly the worst advice ever.

The GUI uses a lot of useless and poorly written blizzard.j functions. Simply using the functions that the GUI does is just stupid, and partially defeats the purpose behind not using the GUI.

If you want to find a function fast, download JASS NewGen. It has a function finder along with syntax highlighting for the trigger editor. (And oh so much more...)

You say that World Editor converts the Destroy Trigger function incorrectly?...
No.
If the OP would have spent 10 seconds on google he would've found a jass function list by himself, or 1 minute and he would've a newgen by now, but he did not.
By telling helping him in such an easy problem you actually say: "Hi, I'll make your map for sum +rep, haha".

If you have no idea how is a GUI function called in JASS and you can't be bothered about spending 1 minute on the internet to dl NewGen or look up a complete JASS function list then you just convert GUI to custom text, that's the fastest way for lazy people.

Level 40
emperor_d3st, your solution leads to a situation which in general practice can cause massive problems.

It's okay to tell people to 'convert to custom text' to find functions, but only if you tell them how to find the native equivalents, and how to fix the other awful structures. Otherwise, you end up getting people scripting GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.